Please help...Colour selection for Nappa Gaufre BN1789 and Tessuto Gaufre BN1336

vividsenses

Jun 19, 2007
Dear Friends,

I love both BN1336 and BN1789 and cant decide between them. In addition, I love how the black nappa gaufre look so classic and luxurious yet I also love the light and indestructible nature of tessuto for daily wear.

After placing my order with the lovely Joanna for a nappa gaufre 1336, I still agonise over what I've left behind.

So, I've decided on the best solution - Get a nappa gaufre BN1789 (lighter in weight cos less hardware and 'cheaper') and the BN1336 in tessuto.

Now, I've another fresh set of dilemma, what colours should I get? I love how a black Prada looks so timeless and classic, black is no-maintenance too. But as both styles are so similar, I hope to get them in different colour - a colour that looks classy and is low maintenance. Please help me with your suggestions.

Hmmmm....will it be silly to get both in nero?

Thank you.

Can't go wrong with black. I have too many black bags so I bought the BN1789 in Pomice (light grey). I love it. At first, I thought it would be too light grey & more like beige but it's actually like grey. Does Joanna still have BN1789? I want 1 more but she told me she's sold out - in all colors.

You would get the same style in different colours? I didnt ask Joanna about the other colours but she did state that BN1789 nero is sold out.

Is bambu a dark grey? I've never bought black bags but somehow I just linked black with Prada and find a black Prada to be a classic item. What colours would you choose in my situation?

Yes, I would get another BN1789 in another color. I would love to get it in Degrade Ice. They still have it on Prada.com but not with Hawaii price. :P Joanna is keeping an eye out for me.

Bambu is not light grey. Bambu is kind of brown. Pomice is light grey. I have BN1789 in Pomice. For Bambu, I have BR4238.

Since you like Black, get Black. I've posted some pictures in Show us your Gauffres Gals thread. You can check it out.

http://forum.purseblog.com/prada/show-us-your-gauffres-gals-100118-37.html

I would tend to go with two different colors. Bambu is like
a brownish/dark grey - it's hard to describe but do a search and you'll see many examples. It's discontinued in 1789. It's really nice - I would have gotten bambu if it was still around. Visone Sfumato (fading brown) would be the next best option.

1789 is sold out but get on the waitlist bc the price is guaranteed. If you want to see the other colors for 1789, check Kiki's post re: 1336 vs 1789 (I'm on my iPhone or would attach the link).

Last edited:
Hi MidNiteSun and Charmosa, thank you for sharing your views. After much deliberation, I've decided to go for nero in both styles as I really love how the black nappa gaufre looks even though I'm not a black bag person.

Wish me luck in my purchase :smile: