please help! closing paypal account to avoid chargeback

1. Over at PurseBlog, we started a new series called Closet Confessionals in which we examine how readers and TPFers afford their bag addictions. Read about it in this intro article and submit your own confessional here. We are looking forward to hearing from you!
    Dismiss Notice
  1. i'm going to write in general terms because i never know who will read this. (ie, maybe the buyer who will cause the trouble.)

i am currently in a situation with a buyer who bought an item from me. the item was in perfect working condition when i sent it... but she broke it by installing the wrong software. (she stated that she installed several different product software in an email.) i will not refund her money due to her mistake, however, i'm afraid she will chargeback on paypal to get her money back.

my question is, can i cancel my paypal account before she does this inorder to prevent her from taking my money she does not deserve? will paypal come after me regardless? thank you!!

2. I would close the account. I'm assuming you already moved the money out of paypal?
    I had a chargeback from a foreign buyer of a purse, who kept the purse and the money. I got the money out, the did a chargeback so I have a huge negative balance. I wish I had closed the account completely between emptying it and getting a negative.

go to www.nopaypal.com and read up

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice