Please help choose my first Bal :)

I will take a couple of photos comparing the bags for you when I get home this evening :smile:

My PT is in GSH and my City is in RH. I would go giant on the part time so it is not as fragile. I'm constantly stressing about my tassels. It's so nice to not have to worry with my PT. It's the thickest leather bag I have too. It is divine. Love part times.

I will take a couple of photos comparing the bags for you when I get home this evening :smile:

My PT is in GSH and my City is in RH. I would go giant on the part time so it is not as fragile. I'm constantly stressing about my tassels. It's so nice to not have to worry with my PT. It's the thickest leather bag I have too. It is divine. Love part times.
Thank you so much Arailah - I look forward to seeing your comparison pics, because the shoulder strap being long enough would be the real clincher for me :smile:

Some of the Bal ladies have managed to lengthen their staps by adding little bits at the end, so if the PT strap is ALMOST long enough I could always try that. (The City is just too far away from being long enough for me)

The PT I have my eye on is a preloved Gris Poive with mRGGH (so no tassels to worry about). Do you think that might be nice for a 1st Bal? Although I'm not pulling the trigger on anything until I see your pics.

Thank you so much Arailah - I look forward to seeing your comparison pics, because the shoulder strap being long enough would be the real clincher for me :smile:

Some of the Bal ladies have managed to lengthen their staps by adding little bits at the end, so if the PT strap is ALMOST long enough I could always try that. (The City is just too far away from being long enough for me)

The PT I have my eye on is a preloved Gris Poive with mRGGH (so no tassels to worry about). Do you think that might be nice for a 1st Bal? Although I'm not pulling the trigger on anything until I see your pics.

I think that will be a *gorgeous* first choice. The Rose Gold hardware is stunning and it's a bummer they don't make it anymore. People are really looking to call one of these their own - and add that to the Gris Poivre color - beautiful =)

Okay here are a couple of generic photos trying to compare the handle lengths. The purses are lightly stuffed.

D533E67D-18B9-4817-808F-2C345DB0BD09_zpsfvaqrksb.jpg

CD4325BC-9E66-4821-9F97-C3E75FB1BF3F_zpstgzyopja.jpg

I think that will be a *gorgeous* first choice. The Rose Gold hardware is stunning and it's a bummer they don't make it anymore. People are really looking to call one of these their own - and add that to the Gris Poivre color - beautiful =)

Okay here are a couple of generic photos trying to compare the handle lengths. The purses are lightly stuffed.

D533E67D-18B9-4817-808F-2C345DB0BD09_zpsfvaqrksb.jpg

CD4325BC-9E66-4821-9F97-C3E75FB1BF3F_zpstgzyopja.jpg
Thank you so much for going to all that trouble for me! Very much appreciated. What a lovely experience with my first Bal search! :urock:

Since you have your beautiful ladies out, could I possibly trouble you for a pic of each bag just hanging on your shoulder (not crossbody) with the shoulder strap?

The city was not comfortable on my shoulders, but the part-time was.

The shoulder strap is several inches longer which you can see in the first set of pictures. My hubby wasn't at the exact distance but if you look at the comparison with my torso you will see the City tucks in almost under my elbow. The PT drops much lower. It's a very comfortable wear =)

Both bags look AMAZING on you! And I can clearly see the difference in size, handle and strap length.

For me, I now have no doubt to go for the PT over the city.

:ty:

P.S. I love your doggie as well as your bags.

I have just pulled the trigger and ordered a preloved PT in Gris Poivre with mrgh. I hope she's in as good condition as she seems to be, but since it's a very reputable seller I'll be able to decide whether or not to keep her when she arrives.

Yikes! I wasn't counting on buying a Bal today! Thank you all so much for your great advice and help. Maybe it was meant to be.

I'll post pics when she arrives in a few days so you can help me decide if I should keep her.

Yay!!

Yes - here in the Bal forum we tend to be enablers :smile: Come hang out with us at your own risk ;)

I'm super excited for you! You are going to love this purse. Please post photos when you get it.

Did you buy preloved from a store or from somewhere else?

Congrats! You'll have to take pictures when you get it. I think the combo is to die for. As Arailah said, the RGGH is gorgeous. You'll be so happy you got a bag with it since they don't make it anymore.

I just ordered her from online store that is very praised and popular on the. Mulberry forum: labelsmostwanted. There is a gorgeous red Work if anyone is interested. Fingers crossed my bag has nice leather and is in good condition. I've never seen a PT or a Gris Poivre URL, so am awaiting nervously! The price seemed great though... Fingers crossed.

Thank you again for your patience and help!

I'll post pics up here as soon as she arrives.

You, ladies, have convinced me to get a PT style for my next Bbag. I'm currently considering a PT glycine with g12 rose gold, or an anthracite with GSH. ;))))

I'm Filipino as well and I think the part-time is very flattering on a petite frame. I am 5"0' and barefoot in the photos.

Glycine is so so pretty but I am terrified of light colors.

Mary - when you receive your bag don't be discouraged if it feels a smidgen dry. When I received my PT the leather was a bit rough but I put two coats of leather honey and it became incredibly thick and chewy, but still buttery Agneau. It's the best leather I have in my collection.

Hey, Arailah! It's great to see a kababayan here!
Agree with the color of the glycine and its sensitivity...i'm almost always afraid to bring out my gris glace city.
I'll check tha bags out later IRL, and see which really captures my heart! ;)))