Please help! Chanel or Hermes?

Yes the GST is more dressy and louder than the Garden party but do you think GP is plain even with twillies? Thanks for your suggestion, I did look at the Bolide and checked the price and with that price range, I would rather put that towards a classic Kelly. What do you think? Oh no, I am stretching my budget more and more if I get lucky at H-Paris. DH might snap! :lolots: We are planning to start a family soon so I think it's best not to have a b or k in mind now. :cool:

The twillies make the bag cuter, but they can be hard to coordinate with the outfit IMO. I purchased several Hermes scarfs, which are nice, but I don't wear them that often... I think you cannot go wrong with a Kelly or a Bolide, but a Chanel tote is also an excellent choice. Also, you will find so many beautiful things to buy in Europe that you may not want to spend all your travel money at Hermes. :smile:

The twillies make the bag cuter, but they can be hard to coordinate with the outfit IMO. I purchased several Hermes scarfs, which are nice, but I don't wear them that often... I think you cannot go wrong with a Kelly or a Bolide, but a Chanel tote is also an excellent choice. Also, you will find so many beautiful things to buy in Europe that you may not want to spend all your travel money at Hermes. :smile:

Hmmmm maybe a lovely Kelly (hard to get in the U.S. but not so hard in Paris) would be just the thing, and since you don't have anything super hard to find in mind for Chanel, you could buy some jewelry as you say, or some small leather good. You would use that Kelly for the rest of your life and always think of Paris. :smile:

hmmmm maybe a lovely kelly (hard to get in the u.s. But not so hard in paris) would be just the thing, and since you don't have anything super hard to find in mind for chanel, you could buy some jewelry as you say, or some small leather good. You would use that kelly for the rest of your life and always think of paris. :smile:

+1

I love the Hermes jige! The price is not so bad, it being Hermes!

Yes that's what makes it even more attractive to me! ;)

i go with number 2

Thanks for chiming in!

Yes you are so right! I know I will have heaps of other things to buy, not just hitting the outlet stores but also handicrafts, dinners (oh! I'm so looking forward to try some authentic cuisines as well as the occasional michelin starred restaurants :graucho:

Yes I hope so! :biggrin: Was Jige hard to find in general or because you are specifically looking for black?

Jige was probably hard for me as I was looking for black but in all honesty I didn't pay attention if there were many other Jiges in different colors.
So maybe it was just the black?

Oic. Never know till I try my luck! ;) Good luck to you too! I hope you find your black Jige :smile:

Hmmmm maybe a lovely Kelly (hard to get in the U.S. but not so hard in Paris) would be just the thing, and since you don't have anything super hard to find in mind for Chanel, you could buy some jewelry as you say, or some small leather good. You would use that Kelly for the rest of your life and always think of Paris. :smile:

Oh I knew coming here I would be enabled.. :cool: Kellys and Birkins are way out of our budget now and doesn't suit our lifestyle. DH and I aren't there yet, I do not wish to carry a B or K for now, hopefully in the near future, see how our finances go :graucho:

Might I add that as classy as GST is, I find myself swayed to the GP because it can serve as a diaper bag in the near future. Fingers crossed, we might start a family next year. Of course if I decide on the GST, I might get a LV neverfull GM as a diaper bag but that is to be considered in the future. Not now :smile:

Thanks everyone for chiming in. Keep the comments coming! :biggrin:

Might I add that as classy as GST is, I find myself swayed to the GP because it can serve as a diaper bag in the near future. Fingers crossed, we might start a family next year. Of course if I decide on the GST, I might get a LV neverfull GM as a diaper bag but that is to be considered in the future. Not now :smile:

If you are looking for a diaper bag, I would suggest Totally because of the zipper.

I used the Neverfull GM as a diaper bag and now use as a travel bag! I bought it when it first came out 7 years ago and it is in great condition even though I stuffed her and used her alot!!

It's a perfect all around tote.

If you are looking for a diaper bag, I would suggest Totally because of the zipper.

I used the Neverfull GM as a diaper bag and now use as a travel bag! I bought it when it first came out 7 years ago and it is in great condition even though I stuffed her and used her alot!!

It's a perfect all around tote.

Thanks for your suggestions :smile: I am currently not looking for a diaper bag, will consider them options when I start looking. I was just worried that if we were to start a family soon-ish, then a GP will still come in handy whilst the GST might just be left unused.

Another vote for option number 2.
I have a GST and I love it, I think the GP is a cute bag but you can not wear it on your shoulder wich can be a bummer.
If you can't find anything at the H stores due to low stock, I suggest you visit one of the reputable parisian resellers (3 marches, Reciproque,...) Paris Fashion Week wasn't too long ago so theses resellers have probably a lot to offer at the moment.
Hope your husband and you have a safe and wonderful trip :smile:

I don't think it's a matter of one or the other both brands have soooo much beauties to offer. Its is more like... What fits your lifetime better right now? Think about your day life, and chose what suits you better and will make you happy for a long time;)

Another vote for option number 2.
I have a GST and I love it, I think the GP is a cute bag but you can not wear it on your shoulder wich can be a bummer.
If you can't find anything at the H stores due to low stock, I suggest you visit one of the reputable parisian resellers (3 marches, Reciproque,...) Paris Fashion Week wasn't too long ago so theses resellers have probably a lot to offer at the moment.
Hope your husband and you have a safe and wonderful trip :smile:

I have seen some TPFers wear the GP on the shoulder, so I'll try it out and see if it works on me, that will be a big + :smile: Thanks for the suggestions, I will check them out. Thanks, we are looking forward to this trip :smile:

I prefer the look of the chanel

Do you mean both the GST and clutch?

I don't think it's a matter of one or the other both brands have soooo much beauties to offer. Its is more like... What fits your lifetime better right now? Think about your day life, and chose what suits you better and will make you happy for a long time;)

That's my dilema because all of them fit right now! :roflmfao: One is a tote, everyday bag, I love them both and the other two are clutches ,I love them too. That's why I can't decide. :giggles: In your opinion, which do you prefer, not the brands, but the specific bags. The GST or GP and the kisslock of the Jige?