Please Help Celebrate....MY 1st KELLY Bag!

wow! great bag and congrats on your purchase. i have 2 vintage ox kellys, one from 1962 in rouge and one i was told from 1940 ish in black.they do age and mark, but to my mind that it what gives them character and develop a lovely patina. i polish my vintage kellys with some stuff i got in France called "Graisse Le Phoque " which says it is Dubbin. it is clear and quite greasy when you put it on but is great for older bags as it really stops the leather cracking and also waterproofs. i don't know how ecologically sound it is though as i have only just clicked this is some sort of seal by-product (doh!) which i try not to think about when using it!

:yahoo: Ooh, congratulations, NewHermesLover!! You must be over the moon. I :heart: the indigo - it's a bit more interesting than the normal black box. Wear her with joy!

Yes, REALLY OVER the MOON, and I love the BLUE, Almost as dark as Black, but with some purple undertones....like if I dyed my hair this dark w/ some of the purplish undertones in certain lighting!:smile:

Gigi-Leung
NewHermesLover, welcome to the Kelly Club!

Yes, after looking and admiring this KELLY, I'm in love with Kelly bags. I'm going have to take out my HAC Caramel to admire too, otherwise she will be lonely in the closet.

Thanks for the well wishes, Queenie, Moviegirl, Serenity, Kat....I told hubby that you all think he is WONDERFUL!! He BLUSHED:shame:

Also, thanks LadyS, Kou, Solitaire, xquisite, patz, gracekelly, star, and nefarious, too!!

Prada - Your Vintage Hermes Bags sound so YUMMY!! I want to get that patina, but I'm probably going to have to use it a little, get that creme, and bring it into the store to get the refurbish!!

Thanks all, can't wait to use it casually, too!! Will go to a school function tomorrow, and see how it goes!:heart:

You all are so supportive and GREAT!!

Congratulations!

For the kelly (looove the color, good choice)

For the HAC (looove the origins, good choice)

For the hubby (looove there still are men who love a woman so much, good choice)

:P