Please Help: Cashmere Recs for men

1. Maybe someone can help?

Looking for a nice quality cashmere sweater for a male. Can anyone direct me to a few great places to shop for this?

Thank you.

2. jcrew or banana republic for decent quality, maybe br a little better...
    best cashmere money can buy, loro piana for sure, but ralph lauren black/purple label can be considered as another second option.

3. Brunello Cucinelli or Loro Piana for true top quality. For something more affordable I agree that RL Black Label is good, and for *really* affordable, Banana Republic is okay. I cannot recommend J. Crew cashmere. I have owned too many of their cashmere sweaters that have worn out after just a year or two.

4. to be honest, i'm kind of sick of maintaining cashmere...they can pill pretty easily if you wear them all the time. i think the really high quality ones like loro piana may last a bit longer before they start showing wear and tear, but in my opinion, i've been buying combination wool and cashmere so that it not only last longer, but i don't have to use those damn pill fuzz removers after every other wear!

i think the jcrew cashmere/wool/angora blend cable sweaters from last season were pretty nice...only bought one though, cuz i can't stand angora sticking to everything i own. :smile:

5. Silk cashmere is also a good alternative. It's cheaper and doesn't peel off as much.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice