Please help: can short hair be sexy???

Can short hair be sexy?

• Yes, on the right women

• No, it is either "cute" or "old"

• don't have an opinion, but, my DH would kill me if I chopped mine off

Results are only viewable after voting.
jc2239 said:
loganz unfortunately i don't think i have the fantastic bone structure that you do :sad2:..........but some of this hair does need to go :P

I understand - last summer my hair was down way past my bra strap and I was miserable; I felt like I was wearing a rug - there is nothing sexy about the underside of your hair being sweaty if you are outdoors a lot.

My boyfriend would give his left arm if I would cut my hair super-super short. He thinks pixie cuts are as sexy as it gets. we've compromised on a very glam bob. :amuse:
I'm sure he's not the only guy out there like that . . .
If you do end up chopping it all off, just carry your head high and know that you're sexy, and the world will agree with you! :lol:
I used to have super super short hair in high school and, as much as I hated not being able to play with it, it was easy to take care of and I looked pretty cute. :biggrin:

nawth21 said:
If it was done i'd totally post a pic, but unfortunately I kind of look like porcupine right now.

It's Sunday, you're allowed to look like a porcupine -

Oh, what do you know, my hair is pulled back in a bun. :P

Short hair is sexy! My hair has never been past where my neck meets my shoulders, it's always been short to mid-length.

I think it would look awesome on you :biggrin: Definitely think you can pull it off. Remember how I said that I saw Domino on Friday night? Kiera Knightley had short hair in the movie, and she looked so cool :amuse:

Well I want to go short again too.. I never know if I can pull it off great though- I have a rounder face IMO. I need a good hair dresser right now too. But I still think shorter hair is great- especially in the summer. It just gets so hot with long hair- and my long hair gets frizzy!

I say go for it girl!

Mine gets frizzy too, Megs.

Maybe I will rent Domino and see what the DH thinks of Keira's do, she kicks much ass in that movie though, so he will automatically think she is hot, LOL :P

Loganz said:
It is getting hot and each summer I think about the chopping off my hair.

I want to chop mine off I always wear it pulled back in a ballerina bun anyway - it serves no purpose except to make my head hot, and fall in my husband's face (if you know what I mean ;) ).

Please help...I am conflicted between my positive self-image and society's perception of beauty.

at the end of last summer right before a trip to mexico, i cut my collarbone length hair into an a line pixie (chin length bangs in front SHORT in the back) for these EXACT same reasons. i also had a traditional pixie my senior year of highschool because i wanted a change. i regretted it SO much each time.

i know that part of the reason for my regret is short hair doesn't really suit my features or my personality. i have a roundish square face and i am VERY girly. i found that for some reason, even though it looked good and my hubby LOVED it, i didn't feel feminine or pretty at ALL.

also once i cut it off, i realized there was a REASON i wore my hair in a messy bun or low pony every day. there is no way to disguise a bad hair day with short hair. my hair is curly and i couldn't just throw it back when it wouldn't behave. couple that with the fact i was wearing more make up because i didn't feel feminine and it was taking twice as long to get ready in the morning. it totally defeated the purpose of cutting my hair in the first place.

i think that short hair can DEFINATELY look sexy on the right woman with the right personality (ie halle berry and jada pinkett and print*model on this forum) but for every sexy woman in real life i see with short hair out there, there are five who have old tired soccer mom hair cuts.

it probaby sounds like i'm trying to talk you out of it, but i'm really not. :smile: i think that everyone should try short hair at least once in their life and you have obviously been thinking about this for a LONG time. that's the best time to do it. short hair can be very liberating. but be prepared to not like it as much as you think you will. i would suggest maybe trying on some short wigs...maybe even buying or renting one to wear around for a week. if i had done that, i don't think i would have cut my hair after all. :smile:

good luck! :smile:

ilzabet said:
also once i cut it off, i realized there was a REASON i wore my hair in a messy bun or low pony every day. there is no way to disguise a bad hair day with short hair. my hair is curly and i couldn't just throw it back when it wouldn't behave. couple that with the fact i was wearing more make up because i didn't feel feminine and it was taking twice as long to get ready in the morning. it totally defeated the purpose of cutting my hair in the first place.

i think that short hair can DEFINATELY look sexy on the right woman with the right personality (ie halle berry and jada pinkett and print*model on this forum) but for every sexy woman in real life i see with short hair out there, there are five who have old tired soccer mom hair cuts.

good luck! :smile:

Very good advice ilzabet, Perhaps I should work with my stylist to create a middle-ground we both agree on - so much of what you said really struck a chord with me - thank you.

YES! Of course, if I did it, my DH would kill me! He really likes my hair longer than shorter- not to mention that I do not have the features for short hair. But on some women, it is stunning!

i've tried the short hair thing and although i loved it because hair drying took no time at all and it was so low maintenence but i didn't look as good as when i had long hair. it just doesn't fit my face structure.

and anyway my BF would kill me if i chopped it all off.

but i do think it can look sexy on the right person.

I had hair almost to my waist and cut it up to my chin my freshman year of college. I thought my mom was going to kill me! She also believes that long hair "makes" a person which is why she still has waist length hair at 50. She needs to just cut it because it looks frivolous at this point and she doesn't take care of it. Long hair takes a LOT of work to maintain and keep healthy and I just got tired of mine.

I have a round face, but the cut I have is very flattering. I have a graduated angled bob that hits right around my chin. I get complimented all the time for my cut and color. For the longest time, my husband was upset that I didn't grow my hair out, but he has finally admitted that he loves my short hair because it is so "me".

I think it's more the cut that matters than the length. A good haircut for your face type will enhance your best features, whereas a bad short cut... well, let's not go there. Atleast with long hair, if it's a bad cut, you can put it up or cut it shorter somewhere else.

Go ahead and try. I got a short cut about a year and half ago and absolutely loved it!

I have had short short hair and lolng hair. Right now it is waist length and for me... Short hair made me look more my age (older) I have been growing it out for 3 or 4 years, when I had short hair at 24 I never got carded...Now with long hair I get carded for drinks all the time and even got carded when I bought a friend cigarette's a few weeks ago.

I think shorter hair takes just as much effort as long because, on boring days you still have to Style it. With long hair you can just throw it in a ponytail.

FOR ME, Long is definately better...but I think you should try it if you want it. I know when I first cut mine it was unbelievably "freeing".

I wish we could go back and forth without waiting years for it to grow out.