PLEASE HELP..! Buyer paid $1330 but received refund $2660 & item!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hufff... finally #1 buyer emailed me, I hope she does what she said :smile:

[FONT=Arial, Verdana]I do not want to take anybody's money and I will be 100% honest with you. I have still not received the purse in the mail so I am getting worried about that. Do you have something you can send me with a confirmation that it was sent back to me. It has been several weeks now. I will refund you the full price minus the missing charges that I mentioned in my earlier email-about $60 is all that is still owed to me.

As soon as the purse comes in I will ship it out.

[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Verdana]It mean she want to ship bag to my #2 buyer[/FONT][FONT=Arial, Verdana][/FONT]

Don't be so hard on yourself. What's done is done. You're not stupid. Just very trusting to a fault, unfortunately. I really do feel bad for you.

Can you tell us what reason the first buyer gave you for having the second buyer send the payment directly to them? Although there is no valid reason for them to have asked you to do this, that information may help us decide which direction to advise you to go in.

Also, when is the last time you heard from buyer #1 and how long has it been since you sold the bag to buyer #2?

I don't see why you can't have buyer #2 open a PayPal claim for "item not received" against buyer #1 - especially if buyer #2 has not received the bag as of yet.

#1 buyer just contacted me and #2 buyer purchased it last week.

#1 buyer said that she just refunded #2 buyer and will send bag to my fam in USA when it arrive...

Thank God, I hope she's so nice and does what she said...

I've learnt much from this issue.

Looks like your first buyer is an honest person and let's wait until she does what she says.
Don't worry... you will be a better seller after gaining all this experience. Smile lvgodiva... :tup:

oh dear what a mess.... so, Buyer #1 has refunded Buyer #2, which means that Buyer #2 is now out of the picture right? Only thing left to do is for Buyer #1 to ship bag to your family?

Just some points and questions....
(1) confirm with Buyer #2 that she has received her refund.

(2) you'll probably get a negative feedback from Buyer #2

(3) customs may have shipped the bag back to Buyer #1 using SURFACE mail. What did Buyer #1 indicate on the shipping form for returns? It's either return by airmail, return by surface mail, or treat as abandoned. If it's surface mail, oh dear..... (I'm assuming it's not "treat as abandoned"!!!!!)

(4) can you confirm with your customs how they shipped it?

(5) what is the $60 you owe Buyer #1 for?

I hope it all clears up quickly for you. good luck!

Well, that sounds like progress! Very good. I would do as Peppy says and check to be sure that #2 has been refunded. And hopefully, #1 will do just as she's promised. We'll keep our fingers crossed for ya!

Good luck!

why was the first buyer asking to return the bag in the first place?

honestly i think you need to rethink the way you sell on ebay. i've read a lot of your threads and there seems to be a lot of problems. i think you were very trusting to have the second buyer send the money to the first but in all honesty that is a horrible way to do business. you sold something you did not have in your own hands, which was incredibly expensive, and had the money go to someone else. why would you agree to that? why would your buyer? at the very least you're probably going to get a neg from it. at the most you're going to be out 1300 and the bag. actually at the very worst if the first buyer decides to take the second buyer's money and running you may well be liable for that too.

i really am not trying to be harsh on you but i think you leave yourself open for all kinds of scams not to mention lose money left and right.....

im going to be very honest...i have seen several of your threads and you have a lot of problems selling maybe you should take your items to a reseller ..selling on ebay is not for you :nogood:

This same thing happened to me... A buyer did a charge back and still had the item. This is exactly why I no longer mess with paypal, neither do I accept paypal nor pay with them at all... closed my account completely because I had proof of every thing and get this the charge back was months later after she had the bag. I am a honest seller and in no way was goign to risk this again, paypal protects the buyer but not the seller at all in any way shape nor form. So sorry this happened to you :sad: I sure hope you can get some thing worked out, BEST OF LUCK!!!

oh dear what a mess.... so, Buyer #1 has refunded Buyer #2, which means that Buyer #2 is now out of the picture right? Only thing left to do is for Buyer #1 to ship bag to your family?

But if Paypal refunded Buyer #1, and Buyer #1 refunded Buyer #2, then that means the seller still doesn't have a payment for the bag. So Buyer #2 isn't out of the picture because she has been refunded from Buyer #1 and now needs to send her payment to the seller as should have happened in the first place.

Once Buyer #2 sends payment to the seller, then Buyer #1 still needs to receive the bag back from customs (which she claims hasn't happened yet) and then ship it to Buyer #1 (unless this is all a scam and Buyer #1 just claims she never received the bag but does actually have it, along with her refunded money from Paypal).

I suspect that Paypal refunded buyer no 1 because you didn't respond within the 10 days you are given, instead you panicked and tried to take care of it yourself. If you had gone to Paypal in the first place and told them that the buyer had not yet returned the bag to you (because of customs etc) then they wouldn't have refunded her.
Anyone can say nice things and pretend to be honest. The only way to protect yourself is to always go through Ebay and Paypal. They didn't make up these policies for fun!

good luck LvGodiva, I am sorry that all this stuff is happening..from reading your great feedback on eBay, and the number that you have..it seems like you are a great eBayer...I hope that everything turns out squared away and this mess will never happen again :shame:

Status
Not open for further replies.