Please Help! Brand New Sunset with Scratched Up Logo

olalove

Mar 22, 2016
Hi guys, I would really appreciate any input or advice. I recently purchased the Saint Laurent Sunset Bag in the mini size. I've just received it a little over a week ago. Immediately, I already noticed a ton of hairline scratches on the YSL logo in front. Is this normal? There are also a few light scratches on the inside, which I can ignore, but overall, I'm pretty disappointed in its quality and is wondering if I should return it. Any thoughts would be greatly welcomed!

If you're not happy with it, you should return it. Even when buying from the boutique you have to inspect carefully and request to see another bag if you feel it exhibits display bag characteristics.

Your bag's logo will eventually develop scratches.

Reactions: LAsun
If you're not happy with it, you should return it. Even when buying from the boutique you have to inspect carefully and request to see another bag if you feel it exhibits display bag characteristics.

Thank you so much for your response! I shall return it! Not sure if I want to buy it back since it was a lot smaller than I thought and after reading the thread about YSL quality issues, I'm getting a bit nervous. I know LV has quality issues too but they have a pretty good repair service. What are your thoughts on YSL bags in general? Are there any you would recommend?

Thank you so much for the response! I understand hairline scratches on logos are inevitable but I'm not sure if its normal for a brand new bag that I just received in the mail. The glazing came dirty as well (with black marks) and the glazing at the flap opening has already cracked. I think I will return it since I'm not satisfied already and it is brand new. Could you tell me your experience with YSL bags? I'm hesitant about repurchasing this since I got it in a mini and it can't even fit my phone... also not sure if the embossed leather in rose antic will hold up well. Any advice will be greatly appreciated! Thank you so much!!!!

I have the large college bag and I'm very happy with it and the quality. The hardware is the aged type so scratches are not an issue.

The color being dove white I am very careful with it but it's still pretty much as new.

I ordered the new all black Sac de Jour and returned it as it felt cheap. I have since seen the new ones and the quality looked amazing. The SDJ is still on my list but I prefer the old heavier style so still hoping to come across one!