Please Help :) Black or Bluette?

summergal2121

Sep 29, 2012
Hi all!

This ended up being MUCH longer than I expected :sweatdrop:…so to all who have the time heres the whole story…if not…scroll down to the bolded area :

So I've had my eye on the Prada Vitello Daino Sacca 2 Manici (I believe thats what its called) since last summer.

I first saw it in the bluette and fell in LOVE with it! It is a nice color, it fit my laptop with enough room to put it a notebook or two and it's a cross body! At the time I just lusted over the bag and even opened a Nordstrom Fashion Rewards Card as a "just in case" (also because the SA was really nice and everything).

I didn't think too much about it till fall when I had a free evening and stopped by Nordstrom to see if the bag was still there-it was but at the time it was tucked away in the glass case and something about it seemed off- the white top stitching really stuck out to me so I decided to think about it a bit more.

A week later I decide to check it out again to make my final decision- at the time the SA there was really nice and I was toting around my Vera Bradley (I found a bag that was like 50 bucks that fits my laptop, a notebook, my packed lunch and etc) and we tried to put all my stuff in it to see what if it fits again.

It did and I fell in LOVE with the bag again- the topstitching still annoyed me a bit- but I had been looking for a bag that 1) fits my laptop 2) zips at the top 3) is a cross body- I checked out Coach, Burberry (they had a messenger bag but I didn't want a messenger bag), Louis Vuitton (they had a bag in a maroon color but I wasn't a huge fan of the LV pattern on the bag) and this Prada bag did aaaalllllll of it so I placed it on hold and then later on charge hold a day later.

Now fast forward a bit and I end up visiting a different Nordstrom and find the Vitello Daino Sacca 2 Manici in black! I had no idea that existed and looked it at for a while. I told the SA there how I have the bluette on charge hold at different Nordstrom but the topstitching on it is whats kinda holding me back. He told me that he's had clients that has complained about the topstitching and has even seen it get "dingy." And when I tried it on with my clothes- a red pea coat, dark jeans and black boots- I looked FABULOUS alongside the black Prada. So…I decided to go with black…

I went to go see the SA at my original Nordstrom and she told me that she would have the black one sent in and I could take a look at it. At the time she was leaning more towards the bluette- saying that I'm young (I'm in my early twenties), I like color (very true- I even own a pink colored North Face jacket that I bought back in high school- I got pink because everyone else had black and I didn't want it) and black is so well.."dull" This was the end of last year and I had plans on picking it up before the year ended but things got busy and earlier this month I finally went back over there.

The SA had actually kept both bags for me- and at that time she was leaning more towards the black saying things like "black is always in style", its a classic color, the topstitching isn't white (which was my biggest dislike regarding the bluette) and since I plan on "using and abusing her" black might be a better color. So I went with the black- its actually still over at Nordstrom since I was thinking about moving and I didn't want to worry about a 1600 bag.

Now I'm finally thinking about actually picking up my bag and making it my own and the other night (while I should have been studying) I decided to stress about my bag once more and it clicked in my mind, "Black is so boring, I want color"- this was after I saw a woman grocery shopping with a bag similar to the Prada bag but by Cole Haan (same style, a bit smaller but with gold hardware, cross body etc)- it was in black and it looked really nice…but black bags are so easy to come by- I like the bluette color…

Short story short I'm trying to decide if I should get a Prada bag in bluette or black. I am a bit worried about the white topstitching on the bluette but I've heard that it doesn't get dingy easily and I've even read the Tide to Go pens are an easy solution (anyone have any input on that?)

This bag will be an everyday use bag (put in my MacBook Air, my planner, my lunch/snack, a notebook, etc)- as my SA said I plan on "using and abusing her"- she'll be with me when I'm feeling a bit extra stylish to school, want to study at Starbucks, traveling to places like France (yay!), or even just to Pittsburgh.

So….any opinion/help would be greatly appreciated.

Here's a picture of the Prada bluette- different bag but same color
http://forum.purseblog.com/prada/back-to-prada-with-vit-daino-tote-bluette-799409.html
(cocobean I hope you don't mind me sharing your pictures and thread)

and heres the Prada Vitello Daino Sacca 2 Manici in red- but same idea with the white top stitching for the bluette. No white topstitching for the black one.
http://www.olx.com/disc-9-prada-vitello-daino-sacca-2-manici-iid-303630430

I am currently leaning towards the black and maybe styling it with a scarf/handkerchief to give it some oomph if I want to…but then again its a beautiful Prada bag styling it with a scarf seems like a crime :P Honestly I'm at a loss….

A bit on what I already own:
I do have a Longchamp bag- one of the bigger ones that fits my laptop and what not in a dark purple. A cobalt blue Coach bag that its a large purse kinda thing (doesn't fit laptop), a black Chanel bag thats similar in size to the 2.55- is mostly black except the cross linked C's are white leather (my apologies for not knowing the name) and a Chanel dark pink bag (similar to the first one in the group) http://www.spottedfashion.com/2012/11/20/chanel-pink-bag-reference-guide/#prettyphoto[]/1/

To anyone that actually read the WHOOOOOLLLLE thing I think you deserve a hug :smile: Thanks for reading! :biggrin:

Prada makes so many beautiful colors that it can be very challenging to make a definitive decision. I would say you should get black if you don't have any big black bags. I think it's nice to have diversity in your handbag wardrobe.

I had to decide between the saffiano lux tote in nero (black) vs graphite -- albeit both are quite neutral -- and I ultimately chose nero because it's classic. A black bag is usually something you won't regret!

Prada makes so many beautiful colors that it can be very challenging to make a definitive decision. I would say you should get black if you don't have any big black bags. I think it's nice to have diversity in your handbag wardrobe.

I had to decide between the saffiano lux tote in nero (black) vs graphite -- albeit both are quite neutral -- and I ultimately chose nero because it's classic. A black bag is usually something you won't regret!

That is a point- black is usually something you won't regret because it is a color that matches with everything- goes with everything, etc.

But I do like the "rareness" of a bluette colored bag- its not seen as much by other designers and its a special color- its not seen as often by Prada…

*sigh* :shucks:

Black, Black, Black :love: you can wear it with any outfits.
Bluette is no need to comment it is very beautiful, but it is still a dark color, so black big bag;)

Last edited:
Black, Black, Black :love: you can wear it with any outfits.
Bluette is no need to comment it is very beautiful, but it is still a dark color, so black big bag;)

So you're in favor of the black because you can wear it with anything and you're saying that bluette is dark in color so its practically like buying a black bag?

Wait…I'm confused
So you're saying that...
Black is good because its black and it matches with anything and everything.
Bluette is practically like black so its like purchasing a black bag.

Whats your final input?

A black bag with gold hardware with black topstitching?

Or

A bluette bag with gold hardware with white topstitching?

I have to be honest, I didn't read the whole thing, but go with the black/bluette. You say you want an every day bag and black will go with everything. Red seems limited.

I'm actually looking at either a

Bluette bag with white top stitching

OR

a Black bag with black top stitching

the red bag was just an example of what the bag looks like and with the white top stitching :smile:

Wait…I'm confused
So you're saying that...
Black is good because its black and it matches with anything and everything.
Bluette is practically like black so its like purchasing a black bag.

Whats your final input?

A black bag with gold hardware with black topstitching?

Or

A bluette bag with gold hardware with white topstitching?

In the picture, bluette it shows to me completely dark blue and a little bit near to the black....both are amazing colors with gold hardware, but the black took my vote as it is classic and you can add a bag charm/mini scarf to give the bag pop-of-color.

And yes, black with gold hardware on black topstitching ;)

I would say go with the black. As beautiful as the bluette is, you already have reservations with the white topstitching, and it may continue to irk you. The black is gorgeous and such a classic that you can use for years to come. :smile:

I would say go with the black. As beautiful as the bluette is, you already have reservations with the white topstitching, and it may continue to irk you. The black is gorgeous and such a classic that you can use for years to come. :smile:

I'm totally torn right now- the black as everyone says it is a classic, it is gorgeous you cannot go wrong with it- but the bluette it is such a pretty color and I love how its dark enough that you can truly pair it with anything but light enough that well its not black :P

The top white stitching does annoy me…but the biggest reason it did was because I didn't want it to get "dingy"…if Tide to Go really is a good solution its not as big as a problem…

ohhhh bother :P

In the picture, bluette it shows to me completely dark blue and a little bit near to the black....both are amazing colors with gold hardware, but the black took my vote as it is classic and you can add a bag charm/mini scarf to give the bag pop-of-color.

And yes, black with gold hardware on black topstitching ;)

I'm thinking I would be quite content with the black if I also purchase an Hermes Twilly to go with it :smile: Now that sounds fantastic!

But then again…the bluette does give it a more "casual" yet luxurious feel:P

Thanks for you input! :smile: