PLEASE HELP!! B35

minimonkey18

Feb 7, 2017
Hi TPF ladies,
In a dilemma!!! I was just offered a B35
Vert Anglais /Vert Fonce Riga Canvas
The canvas is green and white stripes
Palladium Hardware

My SA says it's pretty rare... is it really? I don't carry 35's due to the weight but the leather/canvas combo is not that heavy

Please advice!!!! THANK YOU!!!

Reactions: prepster
Try not to think about whether it's rare but rather whether you will love it. You don't mention what your other bags are. Are you looking for something canvas to add to your collection?

A stripe is a very specific style and even more so in a dark green vs. a gold or black. Think about your wardrobe and how it will fit. Congrats on being offered something unique!!

I can see your dilemma here.
Is this your first Birkin? Because this bag could be a nice add if you already have other Birkins, but I probably wouldn't recommend it as a first Birkin because of the canvas and the stripes (harder to mix and match than a neutral and canvas is more high maintenance than Togo for example).
Would this combination work with your wardrobe? Do you really love the combination? Can you make 35 size work?

You see, don't buy a bag that doesn't work for you even if it's rare.
Two years ago, I was offered the most beautiful Kelly in veau Grizzly with Amazone strap. Which was a rare find too. I truly loved that combination, but I realised I probably would not wear it often because it was high maintenance. On top of that, my SA told me that it would not refurbish well at the spa so at the end I decided to pass on it with a heavy heart. Even though I truly liked the look. Shortly after, I got a Colvert Kelly in Togo which I still love and enjoy.
What I want to say is that you just have to ask yourself if this bag would work for you and if you truly love it or that you rather want another combination.
If you don't love it or if it doesn't really work for you then just pass and wait for another offer. With H., there always will be another one ;).

Good luck with your decision and please let us know what you decide :flowers:!

Thank you so much for your help!!!!
I'm very conservative with my personal style and only wear neutrals
As far as B's
I have B30's in Etoupe, Gold,

I used to have B35's all leather but sold them all.
I have always wanted a combo B leather/toile
But I haven't had any luck!!!
My SA showed me this one and said it could be nice for summer, not as heavy as other B35's that are all leather
And she mentioned the fact that it's rare , maybe because she knows how much I want a combo B or maybe because it truly is.

I mostly wear jeans and buttoned down shirts
Pretty simple.

I sincerely appreciate your help/advice!!!

I think given your reply, this might be the B for you. Can you try it on in store? That usually helps me seal the deal on whether to take it or leave it. Good luck!

Reactions: lulilu
But how do you feel yourself about this combination? Do you love it? What did you feel when your SA showed it to you? Love? Or more a 'mehhh' feeling?
You write you always wanted a leather/toile combo and this bag could definitely fill that void. But, would you prefer this combo in a 30 or a 35? If you prefer 30 size, perhaps you can ask your SA if it's possible to find this combination in a size smaller.
Unless you wouldn't mind a 35, in that case this bag could be a great option.
Based on your desription, I think it would work with your wardrobe and it could be a nice add to your collection.
It is a rare combo, so your SA is right about that. However, never buy a bag because it's rare - only buy what you truly love and what really works for you :smile:.

My sincerest thanks to all! I am going to go look at it again and see how I feel with it...sometimes while at H I tend to think more with my heart than with my brain!! and that's why I have made so many impulsive buys in the past.
I will keep you posted and if I am allowed will take pics and upload them!!

Best wishes!

My sincerest thanks to all! I am going to go look at it again and see how I feel with it...sometimes while at H I tend to think more with my heart than with my brain!! and that's why I have made so many impulsive buys in the past.
I will keep you posted and if I am allowed will take pics and upload them!!

Best wishes!
Sounds like this is it.... now you need to decide if you want it in size 35 or 30, good luck!