please help. am i being scammed?

Feb 2, 2009
Hi everyone! Early April (sale date was April 8), I bought a pair of sunglasses from a newbie buyer (bad mistake, on my part.) Anyway, she took awhile to accept my payment and she finally did. After a week of not hearing from her, I asked for a tracking number. This was around last week. Every time I check it, I get this message:

"A UPS shipping label has been created. Once the shipment arrives at our facility, the tracking status--including the scheduled delivery date--will be updated."

And this label was created on 4/15. I comfront the seller about this, and she said "her boss is taking care of everything, sorry for the trouble." A few days later, I check the tracking and get the same message! On the page though, I thought it was funny that the shipment is TO Georgia. This is funny because I am in Arizona... the seller is in Georgia.

At this point I kinda figured out what was going on (seller sold me sunglasses, but probably bought them from China or somewhere, and this is the tracking number that her oversees seller sent her). I called her out on this, but in a polite way. I asked if she was sure that this was the correct number, that the shipping destination was to Georgia, and I am in Arizona, and if she would please double check the tracking. No response. A day later, I told her that if she hasn't shipped the package, I would like a refund and to cancel the transaction. No response.

So, should I file an INR with Paypal? Or should I wait? On ebay, it says that the expected delivery date is between 4/25 - 4/29 (which is weird, considering that I bought AND PAID for the item on 4/08.) Should I wait until after that?

I would wait. Some sellers just attach fake tracking numbers that never work. The package may not have tracking capabilities but came with a confirmation number. Wait until Monday at least. I usually give sellers the benefit of the doubt and it 99% of the time works out.

Oh its UPS not USPS....
In that case I think the seller just has't dropped it off yet... some new sellers don't understand that you cant have weeks of handling time. haha

In my experience with UPS, they never fail to scan packages. They drop and kick my packages, move them to wrong states, but they always scan, in rain or shine. That's only the reason why I use UPS. So I assume the seller hasn't shipped the item yet.
What does the listing say about the shipping and handling time? (not expected delivery date)
If I don't hear anything from the seller, I would open INR claim and wait for their response.

If it says the expected delivery date is 4/29 (today) then I would file on the 30th. It's almost obvious she hasn't shipped it which is a little ridiculous seeing as you purchased it almost 3 weeks ago.