Please help, advice needed!

Sep 5, 2006
I am honestly so upset, I dont know what to do, Im hoping you guys have some suggestions. So I sold a Gucci bag on ebay that I had purchased on bluefly.com because it was too small for me. The day the buyer received it she told me it was fake. We argued for a bit because I know the bag isnt fake not just because I purchased it from bluefly but because I have seen this bag at Gucci so I know what it looks and feels like. She ended up filing a claim saying she wanted her money back. I had told her to please get it authenticated here and she would see its not fake. She then proceeded to say that I offer 3 days return policy so she could return it if she wants and would return it on Monday. She escaladed the claim, mind you, all of this happened within a few hours of receiving the bag. Once it was escaladed it only gave me the choice to refund her money. I thought it would refund her money AFTER I receive the bag but ebay refunded it IMMEDIATELY. So now I have no money and no bag. I have contacted ebay and they tell me I cant do anything. Can someone please tell me what I can do??? Is this a new Scam?? It seems to me it was all played out. I have emailed her a millions times and even tried calling but the number she has listed on ebay is not hers. Any suggestions??

Ok, most likely ebay did not refund her yet. They probably just put a hold on the funds in your account.

She should NOT be able to get a refund until you get the bag back. I would continue to call and push the issue with ebay (or at least ask them to verify that she will NOT be refunded until the bag is returned. And that they merely are withholding the funds until the case is decided or resolved.) I'd also point out to ebay that you tried to contact by phone but the number listed is not her number.

Yes its automatic. Its such a nightmare! Now Im thinking even if she does ship it back which she wont, who is to say she will ship out the same bag?? What kind of protection does the seller have for these things?? Honestly Im starting to hate ebay, it seems they favor the buyer over the seller. The seller has nothing.

Oh boy. So sorry, but of course you should have never sent the refund w/o the bag being sent back first. But I do understand how you were trying to do the right thing. I would definitely stay on the phone with ebay until you get this resolved. "The squeaky wheel gets the grease" - keep asking for supervisor until you get this fixed (even if you have to stay on the phone a LONG time)
Good luck and please keep us posted.

I know it's after the fact now, but I would remove the automatic payment for paypal and ebay. Having that enabled allows them to take funds out of your bank account.

Wow. I have never heard of Paypal simply removing money from a seller's bank account without an investigation or anything. In addition, he buyer is always responsible for proving that an item is not authentic and is required to return said item prior to receiving a refund.

As others have stated, call Paypal and speak with a supervisor immediately.

There was no investigation or anything, it was the craziest thing, she escaladed the case and next thing I knew ebay is only giving me the choice to refund her money and get all my fees back OR wait and have them take her side and lose out on everything. I am so surprised they didnt ask me for receipt, which I have. Now to top it all off she has left me negative feedback saying her bag was fake. What can I do to remove this feedback?? I have all the proof its real, can someone help me?????

I did, there is nothing they can do once the money came out of my account. Luckily, she just responded with a tracking number AFTER i threatened to get the authorities involved and then she left me negative feedback. She also sent me an email cursing me out. This is the worst transaction ever, makes me want to never sell on ebay again :shocked: