Please help, advice needed!

Sellers are leaving Ebay in droves these days, there is no protection for them and they pretty much advertise to the buyers that it's their ballgame. You'd be amazed how many handbag sellers have lost money and merchandise during the last year.

There is only so much you can do to protect yourself from a buyer, these days they win, you lose.

This does not make any sense at all.

How can Paypal just take your money? Do you mean you have automatic payments set up for your sellers fees or what?

Did the buyer file the dispute through eBay or PP?

MarilynMonroe,
The seller filed a claim a few hours after receiving the bag because I said it was not fake that it was purchased from bluefly so I know its real. She then escalated the claim where my only choice was basically to have ebay review the case and possibly siding with the buyer (which they always seem to do) OR just give the buyer a full refund and I would at least get my fees back. I chose to give a refund but I thought ebay would take the money within 3 days to give the seller time to ship my bag. Instead they took the money instantly. It is so sad this is going on. Now I have negative feedback on my account and there is nothing anyone can do. And to top it all off I might get the bag and it could be a completely different bag. The fact is ebay could care less about the seller.

i am so sorry that happened to you OP. I am having a similar case with a buyer, once she filed a claim with ebay, paypal withheld my money. I am still waiting for ebay to respond. But I feel the same way as you, I start to think about where else can I sell my bag since sellers have no protection on ebay. It seems like honest sellers are being taken advantage of all the time. :pout:

Sellers are leaving Ebay in droves these days, there is no protection for them and they pretty much advertise to the buyers that it's their ballgame. You'd be amazed how many handbag sellers have lost money and merchandise during the last year.

There is only so much you can do to protect yourself from a buyer, these days they win, you lose.

Agreed. I have quite a few items to sell after the indulgence of the holidays, and I'm just not sure that I can take another round of eBay selling. It is far too stressful. Bonanza is always an option, but I have reasons for being distrustful of that site, too. It seems that the dishonest people out there have really ruined things for sellers.... and buyers.

OP I hope you perhaps have a positive update for us since this thread has been bumped...?