Please help - advice needed on flats...

LovEmAll

LovEmAll @dailyloves
Aug 28, 2014
Hi fellow TPFers....so I finally did it! I purchased some chanel flats. I just got them in the mail and they are so tight! I tried on the 9 and 8.5 at the store and the 8.5 was a good fit so I ordered the flats in that size. Now that I received them, they are super tight! Do they stretch? Is it because they are brand new that they are so tight? I'm trying to decide whether I need to return them for a 9.

TIA for your advice!

Return them. I had the same issue and was so glad I exchanged them for a bigger size. They are ok when standing still but once you walk in them it's apparent that they run small.

Return them. I had the same issue and was so glad I exchanged them for a bigger size. They are ok when standing still but once you walk in them it's apparent that they run small.

Thanks so much for your reply. These sizes are so confusing. In the store, I was a true 8.5. (The 9 was actually a bit big). And now the Pairs I just received in 8.5 are so tight....sigh. I will return them and see about the 9 again.

Thanks!

For me, the sizes can vary from 38.5 to 39 on different models. Just bought another pair of black ballerina flats from Nordstrom yesterday - My usual size (for Tory Burch) is 8M but I have to stick with 39 for Chanel.

Oh, by the way the SA told me flats are going for another price adjustment beginning 2015. :nuts::nogood:

Attachments

• IMG_0246.JPG
    IMG_0246.JPG
    130.8 KB · Views: 295
  • IMG_0247.JPG
    IMG_0247.JPG
    83.3 KB · Views: 296
For me, the sizes can vary from 38.5 to 39 on different models. Just bought another pair of black ballerina flats from Nordstrom yesterday - My usual size (for Tory Burch) is 8M but I have to stick with 39 for Chanel.

Oh, by the way the SA told me flats are going for another price adjustment beginning 2015. :nuts::nogood:

Cute ones! And thanks for your advice!!! I am an 8.5 in tory burch so it looks like I really should get a 9 in chanel.

There just was a price increase and another one is coming? saks and chanel now sell the flats that used to be 675 for 750. Neimans is the only one that still has the 675 prices to my knowledge....how much are they costing in Nordstrom? My closest Nordstrom doesn't sell chanel.

Oh man I have the same problem. I bought flats with no quilts in size 39 and are perfect. But these quilted are too tight! But next size up was big. NM SA told me to wear around house and will stretch. Hasn't happened and now they have marks in bottom from wearing. Now shoe SA said to bring in to have stretched. I've gone through this with CL flats and even with stretching never felt good:sad: If you can, return them.

Last edited:
Reactions: Mgallows
Oh man I have the same problem. I bought flats with no quilts in size 39 and are perfect. But these quilted are too tight! But next size up was big. NM SA told me to wear around house and will stretch. Hasn't happened and now they have marks in bottom from wearing. Now shoe SA said to bring in to have stretched. I've gone through this with CL flats and even with stretching never felt good:sad: If you can, return them.

Bummer! Yes....I hear you about the quilted. They were gorgeous but just not comfortable on me and I was in between sizes too. The plain classic were more comfortable for me.

Do you find your non quilted comfortable? Do you recommend them?

Thanks so much for your input!

…..

There just was a price increase and another one is coming? saks and chanel now sell the flats that used to be 675 for 750. --- I know right. Last month shortly after I bought a pair of size 38.5 grey lamb with PATENT tip from SAKs, the price went up. And I had to return it shortly after because it was not fitting well. I am one who cannot put up with the slightest discomfort and I would rather buy something that feels great from the start. ;)