Please help! Advice needed for my first and ONLY purchase! :)

MikaelaN

O.G.
Oct 18, 2008
I've wandered over here from the Christian Louboutin sub-forum and have recently decided to purchase a Chanel purse. I'm actually more of a shoe collector than a purse collector (I have only one purse and it's Coach). I love my one purse, but I figured that I'll eventually need a new purse and I wanted to go big. I am in need of some advice and information as I'm very, very unfamiliar with Chanel. I need a purse that will pretty much last me forever and I have no idea how Chanel purses hold up. I've decided that it's going to be black but I haven't decided on the style. Any info is greatly appreciated! I am interested in the Maxi, Jumbo, Cerf, and Camera Case. I'm particularly interested in the Caviar Cerf with silver hardware and the Distressed Black Leather Camera Case with Black Hardware. I'm leaning toward the camera case and would like some insight on the durability of the purse or if there's any chance the distressed leather will start to peel. I took a picture of myself in the boutique modeling the Camera Case (I'm also holding the beige cerf on my other arm). Opinions on which purse should be my first and ONLY purchase?
1239504306940-1.jpg

The black camera case looks really nice on you. My other choice would be a black caviar jumbo with silver hardware. It's timeless and would last you forever.

Good luck with your purchase,

you look great w/ the camera case! ....im on the same boat w/ fabcloset, that or a jumbo classic flap -- must-have, will last forever -- style and quality wise.

Thanks for the wonderful comments, Fabcloset, Purse-nality, and Stay!!
I love the Maxi and the Jumbo but I don't think that flap-type purses would work well with my lifestyle. I think they're TDF though! The only thing I have against the Camera Case is the price :faint: but what are the chances of it going on sale?
Will the camera case hold up through the years as well as the jumbo will?
Does anyone consider the camera case a timeless purse?

The only thing I have against the Camera Case is the price :faint: but what are the chances of it going on sale?
Will the camera case hold up through the years as well as the jumbo will?
Does anyone consider the camera case a timeless purse?

The camera case actually went on sale at Bergdorf goodman a couple of months ago and they were quickly snatched up. That's the only place they went on sale and I highly doubt they will go on sale anywhere else. I could be wrong though! Unfortunately, yes, it's an expensive bag.

IMO the camera case is a timeless piece and yes, I think it will hold up just as well as the jumbo. Is this the metallic camera bag? If so, I guess my only reservation about metallic is the peeling issue. Some metallic pieces, not necessarily the camera case, have had some peeling off of the metallic. That might be something to ask the SA about and if it does peel, what can they do to fix it.

Good luck with your decision! The camera bag is a gorgeous bag and it looks great on you :smile:

I love the camera case on you, MikaelaN!! :tup: I agree with you in regards to the cam bag vs. the flap...while both are classic and fabulous, it's so much easier to get into the camera case (easy access compared to the flap style). Good luck with your decision!!

The camera case is a great bag. If your not sure of the flap, i'd go for it. I LOVE LOVE my matte grey one. The only thing is the metallic. I would go for the matte black w/ gold HW.

Between the two, the camera case of course! But won't you consider the classic flap or reissue if this is going to be your ONLY purchase? They're classic icons and absolutely beautiful.

I think the camera case looks absolutely fabulous on you---very young & modern. But I like the look of the cerf tote better (maybe in another color) ---very chic & sophisticated. It depends on which look you're going after. However, I'd recommend a black caviar jumbo flap or black 2.55 reissue as your 1st & only Chanel ---these are must haves for any wardrobe & the staple bag of Chanel. What it narrows down to is which bag you like the best when you try them on at the boutique. I don't think you can go wrong...all are excellent choices!

It looks great on you (both color and size). You may also want to consider the black caviar jumbo? It's also classic and the caviar won't leave major scratches like lambskin :happydance:

Just like all the girls here, I think the camera case looks great on you too. But I root for the maxi or jumbo in caviar with whichever hardware. Its a great bag to use everyday but its also a bag you can dress up with and take out at night. Very versatile. But honestly, this is only my opinion and you should go for whatever your heart desires. Let us know what you pick!