Please help! Account compromised and cannot log in or get live chat to work!!

pursemonkey

monkeyseemonkeybuy
O.G.
Jul 3, 2008
I got an email this evening allegedly from ebay saying my account had been compromised and that I would be receiving another email with instructions on reinstating my account. I assumed I was being phished and deleted it. Then I went onto www.ebay.com and tried to log in but it said my password was invalid. When I tried to change my password is kept saying that the session had timed out and would not let me. When I try to do live chat it doesn't work either. I can't find any contact phone info for ebay and I know the email I sent them probabably won't get looked at for days. I'm freaking out and don't know what to do! I have several current listings, one of which ends tomorrow, and I'm scared someone's been into my account and has messed with them or god knows what else! HELP!!!!

Thanks, Karmen my dear!! I actually was FINALLY able to get through to live chat and had to log in through the Canadian website after being issued a temporary password. Thank goodness they caught it before the hacker could actually do any damage. I've never had anything like that happen before and it was really upsetting to say the least!

Good, I'm glad. What just happened to you has been happening a lot. It's getting increasingly unsafe over at the bay...

BTW, I'm sorry I didn't see your post earlier.

MY ACCOUNT WAS HYJACKED LAST WEEK. eBay DETECTED IT IMMEDIATLY AND CLEARED IT OFF I HAD TO RESET A PASSWORD. EBAY STATED THIS IS HAPPENING MORE AND MORE. THEY ADVISED NOT TO ANSWER ANY QUESTIONS OFF OF YOUR EMAIL WHICH IS ATTACHED TO EBAY. THEY SAID MOST HYJACKERS ARE LOOKING FOR HIGH FEEDBACK ACCOUNTS AND ENTER BY ASKING A SIMPLE QUESTION SUCH AS DO YOU SHIP TO CANADA?:shrugs:SO EVERY ONE BE CAREFUL!!!!!!!!!!!