Please help a shoe-impaired tPFer!

SuLi

O.G.
Nov 1, 2005
Hi everyone!

I am really terrible with shoes -- they kind of scare me. I tend to wear mostly flats, usually in black. I'm really not adventurous at all when it comes to shoes, and get really overwhelmed fast when shopping for them.

I purchased the following dresses over the weekend, and I would like to buy only ONE pair of smallish heels (at most, 3 inches) to go with both. Please help since I have NO idea where to start...the SA recommended something nudish for both.

Thanks! :smile:

3.1 Philip Lim dress:

Nanette Lepore dress:

(Pictures of both from Neiman Marcus)

I would totally do fuschia or dark pink shoes. They work well with both dresses. I too would avoid the nude too plain. I love that lepore dress I was eyeing it for a while there

I would totally do fuschia or dark pink shoes. They work well with both dresses. I too would avoid the nude too plain. I love that lepore dress I was eyeing it for a while there

I would too! But since the OP said she's hesitant about shoe experiments... I think fuschia would look fantastic!!! In fact, I think any bold, bright color would work. I have a red patent python that would look great with both dresses too!

I love the way turquoise looks with yellow. Maybe you can find a pair that matches the color of the first dress and looks good with the second. HTH!

Thanks for the suggestions so far...

I have no price point in mind. I own shoes from Nine West to Lanvin, so I'm open to anything. I'm trying to experiment a little, and move out of my black ballerina flats comfort-zone.

Fushia or red would be fabulous! Think Reese Witherspoon at the golden globes this year... she wore a yellow strapless dress and fushia/red party sandals!

reese_shoes_300x400.jpg

these actually look more red, but you get the idea.

I'd say white but I'm not totally adventurous when it comes to colors :P so that's my "easy" answer!
White strappy heels for summer!

I completely second the White Sandal !! I'm currently wearing mine with all my outfits. They're like the summer version of black strappy sandal!

They really fit the current weather and mood!