please help a Chanel newbie

addictedtopurses

Stars Hollow
O.G.
Feb 13, 2006
Okay here is my problem-

I really want a cambon tote (preferably black with white CCs, but I also like the pink), but I don't know the first thing about the bag other than it looks amazing. What are the different sizes/prices? I am 5ft 10 inches, so what size would work best? Also, are there any known reputable sellers on ebay or should I go the boutique route? I must admit that the Chanel SAs in my area (NJ- Short Hills Mall) seem so snooty (more than Hermes) so I am a little intimidated.

Any advice and info would be greatly appreciated!

You are tall so I would recommend the large tote. I'm 5"6 and the large tote is perfect for me. I can wear it over my shoulder with no problems. The medium can be difficult to wear over the shoulder...if you want a shoulder bag.
I prefer to buy my Chanel's at the boutique. I just don't know that many reputable sellers and there not always that much cheaper.
I go to short hills also and the SA's I've dealt with have been pretty nice. But, have you tried the chanel boutique in Neiman Marcus? I haven't bought anything from their boutique, but the SA's might be more friendly.
Good luck and if you decide on the tote...you'll love it!;)

I'd recommend the Chanel boutique at Neiman's first and then check out the store for your first Chanel purchase. I would also recommend that you buy the large tote because you are tall (lucky you!!!!)

I am 5'8" and have a medium. I WISH I got the large but they didn't have it at the time.

When I put it on my shoulder (which is NOT very comfortable and I don't do it often) it looks like this: