Please explain the Rock Me

TropicalGal

Jan 15, 2007
Hi Ladies! Let's talk style! Rock Me style.

Look, I have an IB Midi, a TME full and midi, an Enchant Me...etc. etc.

What is the ROCK ME about????? Why do I need or want one? Help me define the style of this or how it could fit in my collection???? (Maybe it can't, but just wondering...)

Is is like a TME but with WTM aspects...? Why do YOU want a ROCK ME? Talk to me/us!:sos:

I see the Rock Me (full size) as a very chic, urban bag for a career gal or fashionista. It feels very high chic to me.

I don't have the lifestyle for that anymore. So I'm looking at the midi, which I'm trying to understand. It has the drawstring of the TME...but the straps of the WTM.... Is it chicer, cooler than the TME?

TG, I don't have one but I see it as more 'rocker' than the more classic looking TME and maybe a bit more edgy than the WTM. I was interested in it myself because I thought in the right leather it'd be a bit edgy but casual. Yet not casual in a 'I'm a mommy' kind of way if that makes sense?

I could see myself wearing it when I need to be a bit more dressed up than a WTM calls for or a bit more edgy than a TME would deliver. It does seem a bit tote like to me too, not hoboish and not as handbagish as the TME. I hope I make sense. I'm not 100% sure yet as I have the matte taupe leather to BEC yet and have considered it in the Rock Me or the MMS Mini which are 2 totally different bags with different uses! I can't decide if I want a classic satchel type bag or a roomy tote kick butt type bag! LOL! Lucky for me Hildie is bespoking a matte taupe RM and I can see hers first to make my decision!

TG - I'm with TL. I think it looks more edgy than some of the other styles. I love edgy bags. They can transform a plain outfit into something a little more cool and fun.:coolio: I like the bit of chain too. I'm not sure how comfy chain handles are since I have never owned a bag like that, but I do love a bit of metal on my bags.

TG.....I've ordered this bag in the regular size in the matte original Tan.

BUT!!!

I can see you wearing this in a pebbled cream in the MIDI!!!! A gorgeous handbag for all of your essentials. And in the pebbled leather, it would slouch and puddle perfectly!

Maybe this is the cream bag you're looking for?? A pebbled cream RMMidi????

TG i am with you. I think the regular Rock ME looks awesome. But I have yet to figure out the Midi. It looks so small on the model on the BE website, but doesn't seem so on the photos posted here. If the Midi were to looks the same on someone my height (5'2") as the regular does on the model on the website, then I would definitely go for it. I love the details on this bag.

Contessa, you may be right about the cream pebbled in the Rock Me Midi for me. That's something to consider.

Hip, I agree that we need to see more Rock Me Midi's, in their slouchy state, to really understand the proportions and wear of this bag. I didn't like the way it looked on the model on the BE website either. It looked neither here nor there. It has such a definitive look in the regular size.

TG - I'm with TL. I think it looks more edgy than some of the other styles. I love edgy bags. They can transform a plain outfit into something a little more cool and fun.:coolio: I like the bit of chain too. I'm not sure how comfy chain handles are since I have never owned a bag like that, but I do love a bit of metal on my bags.

I agree too. I really like the looks of it, but it looks huge in the photos and that video review. It is kind of like an edgier combo of a couple bags.

^^ Agree. Sorry for the typo (I meant to say that if the midi were to LOOK the same on a small person as the regular looks on the model..) my fingers have a life of their own.

I actually was completely floored when I saw the photo of the Rock Me for the first time, as I tend to like the look of a broken-in BE more. So far the only other bag to elicit that same reaction from me is the IB (which I absolutely love). So I am truly truly curious about this style and just can't wait to see more pics and hear more reviews.

This style and the Enchant Me both really appeal to me but I know the straps won't stay on my shoulders so I've not ordered one. I really hate my stupid narrow shoulders sometimes -- it's really trial and error as to what works and buying a nice handbag and having it work out isn't as much of an option these days as it used to be.

The RM Midi looks as if it is roughly 1 inch taller than the WTM Midi. However, the WTM Midi is one inch wider. So, essentially they are about the same. The only other difference is the RM has a few extra inches in depth. I just think that model is extremely tall and thin. They should post height of models like other sites, so we can get an idea of the size of a bag.

Do we agree --or don't we--- that the Rock Me and the Rock Me MIDI look/feel like two different bags?

The Rock Me is unique and edgy. Big and fashion forward. City street chic.

The Rock Me Midi is more...feminine? Softer, more hand baggy looking?

Just trying to get a handle on this, because they look like two different bags to me, as they are photographed on the website.

I usually go for the midi bags but I prefer how the full-size Rock Me looks over the midi. It's a gorgeous style and I love the details but it is just too much bag for me. I already have a full-size LM that really only gets used when I travel so I wouldn't be able to justify another large bag, but it was the one style that really turned my head when the new ones were introduced.

I also think that which leather you use can make a big impact on how edgy it looks.

The RM Midi looks as if it is roughly 1 inch taller than the WTM Midi. However, the WTM Midi is one inch wider. So, essentially they are about the same. The only other difference is the RM has a few extra inches in depth. I just think that model is extremely tall and thin. They should post height of models like other sites, so we can get an idea of the size of a bag.

I asked Jackie about this - the model is a giant twiglet.

The full size RM looks very chic and edgy. Rock Me midi...not so much. The RMM (especially when the model is wearing it) reminds me too much of the Dooney & Bourke Chiara bag.