PLEASE Explain the Difference Between BIRKIN and KELLY ???

queenvictoria2

psalm 25:4
O.G.
Sep 18, 2006
HI all!
I have been reading about every thread on here and for the life of me, I can't figure out the real difference between the Birkin and the Kelly ... sorry if I sound silly, but can someone PLEASE explain it to me??
I am going to the Chicago store next weekend and don't want to look like a complete dingbat :shame:

THANK YOU!!!

They don't look the same? :shrugs:

The most flagrant difference is that a Kelly has one handle and the Birkin has two. The closure system is also different.

Below is a Kelly
PICT5363.jpg

Property of LV addict

Below are two Birkins, one is open (left), one is closed with orange protection mat (right)
000_0302.jpg

Property of westwoodmama

Hope this helps

They don't look the same? :shrugs:

The most flagrant difference is that a Kelly has one handle and the Birkin has two. The closure system is also different.

LOL.

I had to do that with my non-H'ified travelling companion too: 1 handle => Kelly, 2 handles => Birkin

Even then, it took her a while.

^^Don't worry queenvictoria2! I think we all had to start somewhere ;) At least you weren't in the H store and asked the SA "What about that Birkin?" as you pointed to a Kelly, like my dear 21 yr old niece, to whom I had to quickly whisper "That's a Kelly!" lol

HI all!
I have been reading about every thread on here and for the life of me, I can't figure out the real difference between the Birkin and the Kelly ... sorry if I sound silly, but can someone PLEASE explain it to me??
I am going to the Chicago store next weekend and don't want to look like a complete dingbat :shame:

THANK YOU!!!

Have a good time and say hi to Caroline- she's a sweetie and will take great care of you.

I have to show this thread to my hubby whom can't tell the difference between Kelly and Birkin (even though he's seen my Kelly & Birkin). ;)

QuuenVictoria2, you did not sound silly at all. Before I was into Hermes, I could not really tell the difference.

HI all!

THANK YOU!!!

I own nothing Hermes, but I will be at the Chicago store this weekend and hope to admire the bags along with buying a scarf and a couple of ties. I've walked past the store many times and never had the nerve to go inside!

I own nothing Hermes, but I will be at the Chicago store this weekend and hope to admire the bags along with buying a scarf and a couple of ties. I've walked past the store many times and never had the nerve to go inside!

boxermom -

I have only went in once but was so intimidated I didn't go past the front area - LOL!
The SA there was SUPER nice tho (tall, long dark haired girl), so I guess it was just me :P

She tried everything besides dragging me to get me to come in further and wanted to show me things ... I am such an idiot! :shame:

boxermom -

I have only went in once but was so intimidated I didn't go past the front area - LOL!
The SA there was SUPER nice tho (tall, long dark haired girl), so I guess it was just me :P

She tried everything besides dragging me to get me to come in further and wanted to show me things ... I am such an idiot! :shame:

That sounds like me, exactly!(feeling intimidated) We just don't give ourselves enough credit in situations like that. Best wishes to you Queen V2 when you visit the store.:yes: And I will try to relax a bit when I go, also!