Please enable me!!

dagnypup

O.G.
Feb 3, 2010
Hello!

I will be receiving some money very soon ($3500) and want to buy something Hermes, but I don't know what to get.

I currently own 8 90cm carres, 1 70cm carre, 1 gavroche.
I own an indigo Dalvy and brown Herbag
I have 1 ombre Kelly Dog and 1 white Kelly Double Tour
I also have two green kelly watches (one croc)

Now I don't know what to do! More scarves? A bag? Necklace? other leather goods? Save my money? should I sink it all into one purchase, or spread the money out among several things?

I am a stay at home mom with a feminine-classic style. I don't like heavy bags and I don't like excess. I'm not into "bling", but since I am in my early 40's I don't want frumpy either. I don't care about the item being new, and I love a bargain!

I have looked at the possibility of a Kelly (am I too old? Is it too predictable? to formal?), a Trim II, a Tsako, an Evelene... Picotin? I am not sure :shrugs:

I have looked at the various threads about each of the above bags, but everyone seems to love all of the H bags, so I didn't find these threads to be much of a help.

I need some major direction, as I am a bit overwhelmed.

:wacko:

Please enable me!
Dagny

Hey!! Did you see my dream Kelly? ;)

Actually, I was king of thinking of a preloved Trim and a GM shawl -- but then I want so much! (and I couldn't get the Kelly!)

I noticed you posted a pic of a beautiful Kelly while I was asking about an enamel in the authenticate this thread.

I really think the Trim is a great idea, and I've been looking for one myself since I passed on a Blue Jean one from a local seller earlier this year because I thought the colour was too light. From what I remember, your Dalvy is handheld. I'm not sure of the size of your Herbag, but a shoulder bag is always a good investment. The shawl just seems like a good investment, but I'm partial to warm scarves & shawls since Canada is so cold.

Save it and put it towards your dream bag :biggrin:

Hmm...I don't know if I truly have a dream bag. I think I want a Kelly -- but I don't know if I actually will be happy with it or if I just like the idea of it.

For example, I like to buy business wear, but they have no practical purpose in my life. I bought the Dalvy because it was kind of Kelly-esque in the feminine, lady-bag sort of way. I love looking at her on the shelf and she makes me sigh...but I almost never use her because I just sit around the house all the time with my 5 yr old boys.

I will be homeschooling them, so I don't need agendas or business gear. Right now my absolute favorite "purse" has been my Hobo wristlet! :smile: It is in a great light beige color that works with everything and it holds what I really need: sunglasses, credit cards, money. Then I can put it on my wrist to hold onto my boys' hands. So practical and so tiny.

I really want to have a dream bag. :sad:

I noticed you posted a pic of a beautiful Kelly while I was asking about an enamel in the authenticate this thread.

I really think the Trim is a great idea, and I've been looking for one myself since I passed on a Blue Jean one from a local seller earlier this year because I thought the colour was too light. From what I remember, your Dalvy is handheld. I'm not sure of the size of your Herbag, but a shoulder bag is always a good investment. The shawl just seems like a good investment, but I'm partial to warm scarves & shawls since Canada is so cold.

Oh, I really like the looks of that Kelly! I found an indigo Trim on ebay that I am thinking might replace the Kelly (and is cheaper) and I also found an indigo Tsako which is way cheaper than the Trim!

I am always cold too, which is why I was contemplating maybe a shawl. Since I am around the house all the time maybe I can then use it everyday like a blankie?

My Herbag is the PM style shoulder bag. I like the shoulder strap way more than I thought I would, especially with the kids when I go out. I really like the look of the Dalvy, but I never go out dressed nice, so it just doesn't get used except for Sunday's. I am afraid this will be the Kelly's fate, too.

Put it in the bank and make a slow and considered decision. That way you won't have buyer's remorse.

Such sage advice! :smile: But I am always scared that if I don't act now then I will regret it later (which is always the case with me).

What do you think between a Trim, Tsako, or Kelly? They are all indigo -- but I am not sure why I have to get indigo! I have the indigo Dalvy.... but I don't know what other colors to get . I don't want a black bag, and I don't like tan. I never wear red. I pretty much wear white, black, navy, charcoal, purple and green.

That is a really pretty bag! I think the color might be a bit 'warm" for my tastes (I am considered a "bright/clear spring" that leans toward the "bright/clear winter" season).

It is funny, but a year ago I would have been drooling for a Bolide. I have a similar satchel shaped bag that I always used to like, but I don't think I have even touched it all year! Instead, I have just been using (and loving) my cheap little wristlet.

But the color does have me thinking that maybe if I were to get a bag, then maybe I should think of getting a fun color? I am just afraid that a fun color will limit it's use.

Such sage advice! :smile: But I am always scared that if I don't act now then I will regret it later (which is always the case with me).

What do you think between a Trim, Tsako, or Kelly? They are all indigo -- but I am not sure why I have to get indigo! I have the indigo Dalvy.... but I don't know what other colors to get . I don't want a black bag, and I don't like tan. I never wear red. I pretty much wear white, black, navy, charcoal, purple and green.

I am a new fan of indigo ever since one of my good friends SO'd one and it is beyond beautiful! Trim and Tsako are similar, but the Trim has a zipper and will be easier to find than a Tsako which has not been made in a long time. Kelly is a such a greater price point than the two as well, so you would have to save more to obtain that. I would save for a Kelly and you will have it forever. If you want something this instant, I would look for a Trim, but honestly I never see indigo Trim bags around very much. Did I help or confuse you?:lol:

Just saw the post from MaggyH and I think a fun color is something to consider. It will stand out against neutral outfits and really pop. Plus, you don't have to match anything.

I am a new fan of indigo ever since one of my good friends SO'd one and it is beyond beautiful! Trim and Tsako are similar, but the Trim has a zipper and will be easier to find than a Tsako which has not been made in a long time. Kelly is a such a greater price point than the two as well, so you would have to save more to obtain that. I would save for a Kelly and you will have it forever. If you want something this instant, I would look for a Trim, but honestly I never see indigo Trim bags around very much. Did I help or confuse you?:lol:

Just saw the post from MaggyH and I think a fun color is something to consider. It will stand out against neutral outfits and really pop. Plus, you don't have to match anything.

I have found the indigo/navy of all three of the bags and am currently getting information about any cracks in the leather (because all of them have issues), so each of them are a possibility.

As for a fun color, I have no idea what to get!! I like green, purple, and blue. Any thoughts?