Please do not 'Rub' my LV!

suemb said:
Could be worse -- unintentional and by a friend... I once saw a woman, who was carrying a very new Delightful on her shoulder, hug another woman against that same shoulder. The other woman's skin (makeup, sunscreen, whatever) left a huge grease slick on her new vachetta strap.

Not a happy ending.

Scratched it with her nails???? Aaaahhhhhhhhhhhh!!!!!

How horrible...I never let mine out of my sight and absolutely NO TOUCHING!!

It has a place of honor on my desk in my bedroom. It's the last thing I see before I close
My eyes & the first thing I see when I open them. Heck, if I wasnt afraid I'd smash it, it could sleep in the bed with me.
My bags sit on the bed when I sleep. I usually stay in the same spot.

My experience was with my DE35 Speedy. I walked into a lecture class and it was freshly hot stamped aswell, and a girl on my class jumped out of her seat and "pet" the bag. I'm like, excuse me it's not a puppy. She also ran her fingers through the gold initials. I was stunned

mammabyrdie said:
The same people who think it's ok to touch my 10 year old son's hair because it is red, curly and past his shoulders.

I hate that! People always come up to my daughter! I especially hate when they would rub my belly when I was prego! Rude people!

LOL!! I remember when I was a lunch with a friend and she asked if she could see my new at the time zippy wallet. I said "are your hands clean?" she was so insulted! I think she was eating something greasy at the time..haha!! I know how u feel! :smile:

mandyglick said:
LOL!! I remember when I was a lunch with a friend and she asked if she could see my new at the time zippy wallet. I said "are your hands clean?" she was so insulted! I think she was eating something greasy at the time..haha!! I know how u feel! :smile:

Yes, people do get insulted if you ask if they have clean hands but it is a legitimate question. Some people have wet clammy hands, or oily. I really don't like someone fingerprints on my belongings.

Shoebaglady said:
I think most people are in awe of authentic LV bags knowing that they may never own one so they want to know what high end luxury bags feel like. However, if I don't know you very well or at all, don't touch anything that doesn't belong to you, LV or not!

I think if someone would like to touch someone else's belongings, they should at least ask permission.

edit: I don't even like it when my DH touches my bags. I couldn't imagine if a stranger touched my LV and left a dirty paw print on my vachetta!

Agreed. Have a red Cole Haan tote. Same person 'rubs' on that bag, open palms after just putting on lotion. Fortunately it is not the type of material that stains but I don't appreciate the liberties being taken. It is not nice to take liberties with people you really don't know.