Please convince me that i made the right decision! :(

jennifer20

shop till you drop
O.G.
Mar 21, 2009
so a couple of months ago i had bought the tivoli gm which i loved! then i came home with her and wore her around the house for a while just to find that it was a little too bulky on my frame...the main thing was the bottom ( the base of this bag was really wide) making it look funny when carried on the shoulder. if felt like my arm was hanging 2 meters away from my body when i carried it. does anyone else have this problem with the tivoli??

i then decided to exchange it for the beautiful mono galliera pm. which i also loved! it was much more comfortable to carry. however, recently ive been feeling as tho the galliera is too much with all the gold hardware and the gold plaque...and i hate feeling this way about her :sad:. the gold makes it hard for me to match outfits with. does anyone else feel this way about the galliera?

finally, do you guys think i made the right decision for getting the galliera?
should i re-buy the tivoli gm?

-confused

Last edited:
post some pics maybe that would help ! By the way I also was debating between the two bags, I thought galliera fits better on the shoulder but the piping down the bag bothers me for some reason.
The tivoli gm, also was a bit bulky on my when I tried it on.........so my search for the perfect shoulder bag continues........im thinking neverfull for an everyday bag.

I've had the Galliera, and while I don't find it tacky, I do prefer the Tivoli GM. BTW, I do agree that the gold plate can be a little ostentatious for some. You're definitely entitled to feel that way.

If you're not happy, exchange it. That's a lot of money to spend on something that you're not happy with.

I love my galliera! I often wear the plate against my body, cause it is a lot of "bling" sometimes! I am not a fan of the purse your returned, so I think that was a good decision!

I have the Galliera (mono) too and I for one really like the gold plate! I think it gives the bag that something extra that makes it stand a bit more out than a regular mono LV. Personally I don´t find it difficult to dress up or down, I think it´s a really casual yet chic bag. To me it´s one of my "safe" bags that I can always wear no matter what I´m doing or where I´m going :smile:

I love the Galliera, I don't think the placard is too much, and it goes with everything, have not found any outfit it does not match. I say keep the Galliera!! it is a beauty!!

thank you guys! your making me feel much better about my choice! deep down i know the galliera really is a gorgeous bag i guess i was just having one of those moments :S

I love my galliera! I often wear the plate against my body, cause it is a lot of "bling" sometimes! I am not a fan of the purse your returned, so I think that was a good decision!

lol yep thats exactly how i feel...but i think your right...even with its "bling" it still is one of the nicer bags out there....and i think you guys have convinced me that its better then the tiovli.....i feel much better...thank you all!

The galliera is beautiful! I cant wait to her one for my sister and my mom! Its so gorgeous to look at and the comfy factor is a huge huge PLUS. You made the right decision. Its one of my fave. purses, and yet, I still turn my head when I see other women wearing it. soooo pretty. Enjoy it =)

I have a azur galliera and I LOVE it. It is my favorite LV shoulder bag. I thing you made the right decision for sure. If you do not like the plaque wear it so it can not be seen. Wear that side against your body.