Please convince me that i made the right decision! :(

jennifer20

shop till you drop
O.G.
Mar 21, 2009
USA - Nevada
so a couple of months ago i had bought the tivoli gm which i loved! then i came home with her and wore her around the house for a while just to find that it was a little too bulky on my frame...the main thing was the bottom ( the base of this bag was really wide) making it look funny when carried on the shoulder. if felt like my arm was hanging 2 meters away from my body when i carried it. does anyone else have this problem with the tivoli??

i then decided to exchange it for the beautiful mono galliera pm. which i also loved! it was much more comfortable to carry. however, recently ive been feeling as tho the galliera is too much with all the gold hardware and the gold plaque...and i hate feeling this way about her :sad:. the gold makes it hard for me to match outfits with. does anyone else feel this way about the galliera?

finally, do you guys think i made the right decision for getting the galliera?
should i re-buy the tivoli gm?

-confused

Last edited:

angeldoll

Luvin' luxury goods
Aug 28, 2008
Toronto, Canada
post some pics maybe that would help ! By the way I also was debating between the two bags, I thought galliera fits better on the shoulder but the piping down the bag bothers me for some reason.
The tivoli gm, also was a bit bulky on my when I tried it on.........so my search for the perfect shoulder bag continues........im thinking neverfull for an everyday bag.

19flowers

O.G.
Apr 25, 2008
USA
There's nothing "tacky" about the Galliera, IMO. It's a gorgeous bag. If you are really missing the Tivoli, buy it again.

crystalrnc

I woke up like dis
O.G.
Mar 7, 2006
DMV
I've had the Galliera, and while I don't find it tacky, I do prefer the Tivoli GM. BTW, I do agree that the gold plate can be a little ostentatious for some. You're definitely entitled to feel that way.

If you're not happy, exchange it. That's a lot of money to spend on something that you're not happy with.

princesskara

Princeskara
O.G.
Jul 5, 2008
The Rainy City
I love my galliera! I often wear the plate against my body, cause it is a lot of "bling" sometimes! I am not a fan of the purse your returned, so I think that was a good decision!

CatOnIce

Loves it!
O.G.
Aug 5, 2007
Copenhagen, DK
I have the Galliera (mono) too and I for one really like the gold plate! I think it gives the bag that something extra that makes it stand a bit more out than a regular mono LV. Personally I don´t find it difficult to dress up or down, I think it´s a really casual yet chic bag. To me it´s one of my "safe" bags that I can always wear no matter what I´m doing or where I´m going :smile:

jennifer20

shop till you drop
O.G.
Mar 21, 2009
USA - Nevada
thank you guys! your making me feel much better about my choice! deep down i know the galliera really is a gorgeous bag i guess i was just having one of those moments :S

jennifer20

shop till you drop
O.G.
Mar 21, 2009
USA - Nevada
I love my galliera! I often wear the plate against my body, cause it is a lot of "bling" sometimes! I am not a fan of the purse your returned, so I think that was a good decision!
lol yep thats exactly how i feel...but i think your right...even with its "bling" it still is one of the nicer bags out there....and i think you guys have convinced me that its better then the tiovli.....i feel much better...thank you all!

Feb 1, 2009
Utopia
The galliera is beautiful! I cant wait to her one for my sister and my mom! Its so gorgeous to look at and the comfy factor is a huge huge PLUS. You made the right decision. Its one of my fave. purses, and yet, I still turn my head when I see other women wearing it. soooo pretty. Enjoy it =)

beljwl

Nov 28, 2006
Walking distance to Rodeo Drive
I have a azur galliera and I LOVE it. It is my favorite LV shoulder bag. I thing you made the right decision for sure. If you do not like the plaque wear it so it can not be seen. Wear that side against your body.