Please convince me on this one.

Mimster

Jul 20, 2009
I had some time so I took a short detour through Holt (similar to Saks) and saw this. It's not pink but somewhere between a peachy blush & pink? I'm not sure of the correct name. It's embossed python.

Do you have this one? What do you think of it? Is the colour old/last season? Is it fragile? I checked the leather and it seems very thin.

IMG_3030.jpg

Last edited:

iluvmybags

& My Motos & Shoes!
O.G.
Sep 13, 2006
I'm pretty sure that this is Python Embossed Leather (not actual python), which means that it's leather that's stamped to look like python. It shouldn't be much more delicate or fragile than regular leather is. I'm not sure if it's calf or goat or lamb (it's pretty soft, so it might be lamb, altho I don't know for sure). I think the color is just "Pink" and it's from the new Resort line. It's very pretty. Are you thinking about getting it?

Mimster

Jul 20, 2009
BOM, thanks for the link! Wished there was the clutch there as well. Hahaha, as if I can take both home. :P

iluvbybags, the leather is pretty thin on this one. I noticed that along the seams, there seems to be some peeling (?). That is I saw the underside of the pink layer. I really like the colour although I can't see how I can incorporate it into my wardrobe. I wear mostly darks or taupes. I was hoping one of you ladies have one of these.

iluvmybags

& My Motos & Shoes!
O.G.
Sep 13, 2006
BOM, thanks for the link! Wished there was the clutch there as well. Hahaha, as if I can take both home. :P

iluvbybags, the leather is pretty thin on this one. I noticed that along the seams, there seems to be some peeling (?). That is I saw the underside of the pink layer. I really like the colour although I can't see how I can incorporate it into my wardrobe. I wear mostly darks or taupes. I was hoping one of you ladies have one of these.

I can't really help you with that one!
I'm one of those people who never matches their bag to what they're wearing! I just pick a bag and stick w/it for a while before moving on to the next one!!
So in that sense, I say if you like the bag (or even love it!) to get it and don't worry so much about matching it to what you wear!!

I don't think anyone's bought a pink one of these yet (there were some Misfit purchases a while back, but those were all black embossed python)

tadpolenyc

O.G.
Sep 9, 2006
we shouldn't have to convince you! it only comes down to whether or not you love it, and if you really did want it, you'd find things to match the bag with. what dark colors do you wear specifically? i see this going well with black and grey. it would look beautiful with taupe. who knows? give it a try, it could turn out to be more versatile than you think.

i have a wallet made with this leather. it's really very durable.

Mimster

Jul 20, 2009
You're both right! I'm sure I can make it work. It's not a Barbie/princess/girlish pink so that's one big bonus. I don't think I can wear the same pink as dd. lol

Too many beautiful bags to tempt me. However, I will have to put myself on a semi-ban for a while as I just bought an epi speedy :shame: (it's still leather so don't think less of me please).

:flowers:

SomethingWitty

b happy
Jul 29, 2009
I saw this new embossed python SD pink at Nordies recently and while it's a lovely color (I'm normally a pink lover), it's not quite for me. But it's probably because there was a black one next to it and it just spoke to me more. It's actually on my wishlist now - the python SD black Eugene clutch. :heart:

matchka

42But what was the ?
O.G.
May 2, 2008
It's funny, I noticed that a lot of the girls who were drooling over this color mentioned that they didn't usually go for pink, but really liked this color. It somehow feels more "neutral" to me, if that makes any sense. It just seems like it would go with more other colors. Regarding the embossed python, I have a bag made out of it, and, a) I absolutely adore it, and b) the leather is very hardy. I've never worried about it for a second! I've carried my bag a lot, and it has no wear whatsoever on it. Oh, and
c) Stardust=Studs=Fabulous!