Please can I have opinions on this skirt?

Flip88

Jan 16, 2010
I am approaching my 30th birthday and I have seen this on sale at John Lewis'

I quite like the brand, Reiss but is the combination of leather and lace difficult to care for? I want the skirt but I just don't want to be visiting dry cleaners all the time.

I would be wearing it for evenings out mainly - it couldn't be worn for more informal occasions could it?

Ps - It's in the sale too

https://m.johnlewis.com/reiss-kelsey-leather-and-lace-skirt-black/p/3171913

I think the cleaning issue is a non-issue as I don't really see why it would need to be cleaned often, if barely at all. I would use a leather conditioner for any spot cleaning just like I would with a leather purse.

I mean, assuming you wear underwear it should stay pretty clean. :shrugs: I'm a big inner thigh and crotch sweater myself but I'm guessing you won't be wearing black leather on super hot days. If you wear a bike short style of spanx or something else underneath the lining will remain even cleaner.

I have a lamb skin pencil skirt which I had for a few years. Granted I don't wear it all the time but I have never needed to clean it. Leather especially in dark colours rarely needs cleaning.
In terms of style, I think it's gorgeous! Perfect for casual or a bit dressy evenings etc.

I don't think you should have many concerns about cleaning this skirt... I'd buy it, wear it & enjoy it
It's a dark color & that makes it more practical than you might think
It works during the day as well as for the evening which offers many options with what to wear on top
Go for it!!

Def :tup: from me, even with the lace detail, I think you'll get a lot of wear from it.

Leather t-shirts, tops and vests are more a problem (wear cotton t-shirts or polos underneath or buy leather you can wash). Skirts are not a problem for cleaning, just don't buy tight otherwise the 'seat' are can stretch and bag after a while.

I hope you bought this skirt! It is gorgeous and I went to the link and saw it is lamb. Lamb is super soft and you will love it. I think you will wear it more than you think! It's lovely.

Reactions: Flip88