Please, can i have opinions on purchase?

G.Allyn

O.G.
Dec 12, 2013
I gave away, donated or sold most of my Dooney collection. Of the 12 or so, all I kept was a red cabriolet weekend bag in black and one in red. Also, a red AWL satchel with two pockets on the front and a round silver colored logo.

This past year, I once again, started to collect and thought it was best to make basic color choices. After I have the standard neutrals, I can start buying various colors and styles.

This is what I have so far:
1) Navy florentine satchel
2) Natural/T-moro florentine Stanwich satchel
3) Leopard/black patent logo lock satchel (old one I forgot about) havent't carried it yet
4) Moss quilted florentine cross-body
5) T-moro brown Alto Viola bag
6) Black Alto medium giovanna satchel
7) Lavender Amazon collection tassel satchel
8) Black leather wallet

Now, I have 3 credits from the trade-in program, and not sure what to get, since some of my choices are not available on the D&B site.

I need something for summer in bone or maybe, white and natural like the Bristol satchel. I don't want to buy a tote, because I have my eye on one or two of the woven Chelsea shoppers for Autumn/Winter 2014.

Thought the croco embossed satchel in taupe, could be the second choice in a handbag. With my third credit I could purchase a brown wallet. I like the idea of having my wallet match each of my bags, but I don't think the dream matches my budget. Wish I hadn't given so many bags away! I didn't know about the trade-in program at the time.

When I am trying to restart my collection, does it make sense to buy a T-moro brown, natural, taupe and bone in bags? The only white bag I would consider would have to have contrasting darker leather trim.

Since I can't see things IRL, I need a few opinions. My area has many shops which carry D&B, but they tend to be the floral totes or some of the basic satchels. I see very few florentine and have never seen the Alto, Amazon or croco line.

I gave away, donated or sold most of my Dooney collection. Of the 12 or so, all I kept was a red cabriolet weekend bag in black and one in red. Also, a red AWL satchel with two pockets on the front and a round silver colored logo.

This past year, I once again, started to collect and thought it was best to make basic color choices. After I have the standard neutrals, I can start buying various colors and styles.

This is what I have so far:
1) Navy florentine satchel
2) Natural/T-moro florentine Stanwich satchel
3) Leopard/black patent logo lock satchel (old one I forgot about) havent't carried it yet
4) Moss quilted florentine cross-body
5) T-moro brown Alto Viola bag
6) Black Alto medium giovanna satchel
7) Lavender Amazon collection tassel satchel
8) Black leather wallet

Now, I have 3 credits from the trade-in program, and not sure what to get, since some of my choices are not available on the D&B site.

I need something for summer in bone or maybe, white and natural like the Bristol satchel. I don't want to buy a tote, because I have my eye on one or two of the woven Chelsea shoppers for Autumn/Winter 2014.

Thought the croco embossed satchel in taupe, could be the second choice in a handbag. With my third credit I could purchase a brown wallet. I like the idea of having my wallet match each of my bags, but I don't think the dream matches my budget. Wish I hadn't given so many bags away! I didn't know about the trade-in program at the time.

When I am trying to restart my collection, does it make sense to buy a T-moro brown, natural, taupe and bone in bags? The only white bag I would consider would have to have contrasting darker leather trim.

Since I can't see things IRL, I need a few opinions. My area has many shops which carry D&B, but they tend to be the floral totes or some of the basic satchels. I see very few florentine and have never seen the Alto, Amazon or croco line.

I am a natural color lover so it makes sense to me,
the queen of brown is Sarah,
she runs the whole spectrum of browns in her collection
her taste comes across as very elegant and classic

I would do TMoro or black, a natural and taupe or taupe. It's a hard decision. I wanted a taupe bag but ended up getting a bone. Now I'm torn on if it makes sense to get a Taupe. I know... Hard decisions. I had some older bags too and wonder why I sold them. Well you are on the right track to getting your collection back. 😃😃😃

You have such a beautiful collection already, judging by your list. Or is that your wish list. I wasn't quite sure. I am a more neutral person myself and lean more toward darker shades. I think it makes sense to add those colors, but probably not if you already have them. Unless of course you just love a certain color and want several styles in the color you love.

I think you've picked out some lovely ones. I'd suggest watching the videos on QVC if there is anything else you might like. Or the bag reviews on YouTube from people like PcanTannedBty, who do a great job explaining the bags and showing them. Might be the next best thing to seeing them in person. Good luck!!

I love taupe, it goes with everything, just a gorgeous nutral. If I would do white it would be in a patent or pebbled zip zip satchel, it has the honey trim. Or the dillen satchel in white with honey trim. It is the same as regular satchel, shape wise.
You might want to consider salmon as a summer color, it is beautiful.

Thanks to all who gave their great ideas. The list is the bags I purchased in the last 6 months, and feel I need to get some basic colors out of the way, before I spend money on various colors.

I will check out the PecnTannedBty on YouTube to see if any of the neutrals I was wondering about are there. Some of the mod shots posted byPecnTannedBty have been helpful. Thanks for posting them for us to see.

While I have been trying to get my handbag wardrobe in order, I wonder if I should have waited for some of the Autumn line to hit their site. Someone posted a link which showed the Chelsea woven bags to come...and I want the multi colored and the aqua. I think new bags are O.K. to purchase with the trade in program, since the only exclusions they stipulated were limited edition and sale handbags.

I am under a hard deadline to make the trade in purchases within their 30 day instructions, so appreciate everyone giving an opinion. It helps when someone has purchased a color and can tell you how versatile D&B version is of a neutral. Some bone/taupe shades can get too yellow, or grey or blush at times.

Trying to concentrate on handbags this month. Sadly, I do live on a budget, and I ended up getting an email from a SA at a Chicago store telling me they are having a great July 4th sale. Now, I will really have to make some difficult choices.

Doesnt matter which one you pick, it will be a beautiful addition to your collection. If you can use the trade in the outlets, I would go with a red satchel. that one has been on my wish list for the longest. It is a pop of color but also a neutral and can be worn year round.

Make sure you post pictures of your collection, we would love to see it.

Thanks to all who gave their great ideas. The list is the bags I purchased in the last 6 months, and feel I need to get some basic colors out of the way, before I spend money on various colors.

I will check out the PecnTannedBty on YouTube to see if any of the neutrals I was wondering about are there. Some of the mod shots posted byPecnTannedBty have been helpful. Thanks for posting them for us to see.

While I have been trying to get my handbag wardrobe in order, I wonder if I should have waited for some of the Autumn line to hit their site. Someone posted a link which showed the Chelsea woven bags to come...and I want the multi colored and the aqua. I think new bags are O.K. to purchase with the trade in program, since the only exclusions they stipulated were limited edition and sale handbags.

I am under a hard deadline to make the trade in purchases within their 30 day instructions, so appreciate everyone giving an opinion. It helps when someone has purchased a color and can tell you how versatile D&B version is of a neutral. Some bone/taupe shades can get too yellow, or grey or blush at times.

Trying to concentrate on handbags this month. Sadly, I do live on a budget, and I ended up getting an email from a SA at a Chicago store telling me they are having a great July 4th sale. Now, I will really have to make some difficult choices.

I don't think you can go wrong with the taupe or chestnut florentine or Dillen bag. The taupe Flo is a nice neutral brown with grey undertones. I think it looks like a cup of cocoa. I just carried mine today and love it. Also Ivy is pretty in Florentine. I have a couple of Chelsea's in the Nubuk and they are really pretty for fall and winter in the brown shades. The red is gorgeous too. I believe they also have a new style of Nubuk Chelsea as well.

The sale at the outlets now is an extra 25% off of shades of red, white, and blue. They are not shipable so it's in store only. Good luck!