Please authenticate Celine classic box bag ?

Lanaseattle

Jun 1, 2020
I have posted a few times trying to authenticate this bag but I fear I posted in the wrong area ? I’m adding photos again . My apologies if not allowed .
thank you for any help

B75C854A-C34B-4CF7-ADF0-8E9BA87DB689.jpeg

C07A9410-C11E-40A1-BA9D-9EDBD8274676.jpeg

AE99B484-8F81-49D4-AB31-900026F5DF51.jpeg

3A3E1EF7-B5D3-447D-912A-A9F2E27EA4D0.jpeg

D5CDCF3B-4423-4107-8820-FAC99CA82F61.jpeg

6D55F2FF-662D-4F06-AD9B-B61C8F0FE073.jpeg

4A28A768-6BB8-42F6-ADB4-8E27FD70199B.jpeg

80DFC438-53D2-45B3-9D87-9441DA432911.jpeg

ED6534CD-83FE-439F-BD16-D35CC4FCF2F1.jpeg

Sorry, it's definitely fake. The stamp isn't the right shade of gold and I haven't seen a clasp with so much wear. There are wrinkles throughout strap and sides of the bag. The authentic one has much higher quality leather.

Sorry, it's definitely fake. The stamp isn't the right shade of gold and I haven't seen a clasp with so much wear. There are wrinkles throughout strap and sides of the bag. The authentic one has much higher quality leather.
Actually am not sure where these wrinkles are that you mention ?
and a banged up clasp doesn’t make it fake . And the Celine in gold , is not “off” probably bad lighting ?
not that I don’t appreciate Your your help ,if it was actually defining real issues that could prove it fake ?
Thank you anyway .

and a banged up clasp doesn’t make it fake . And the Celine in gold , is not “off” probably bad lighting ?
not that I don’t appreciate Your your help ,if it was actually defining real issues that could prove it fake ?
Thank you anyway .

If you look up pre-owned box bags, the most wear I've seen on the clasp are scratches, not the loss of the gold plating that is shown in your pictures. There are wrinkles at the bottom of the bag where the stitching is done. The stamping doesn't look straight and the letters are not clear. Also the texture of the leather itself is not accurate. Assuming this is box leather, there should be horizontal lines across the leather, not the grain that is present in the pictures.

If you look up pre-owned box bags, the most wear I've seen on the clasp are scratches, not the loss of the gold plating that is shown in your pictures. There are wrinkles at the bottom of the bag where the stitching is done. The stamping doesn't look straight and the letters are not clear. Also the texture of the leather itself is not accurate. Assuming this is box leather, there should be horizontal lines across the leather, not the grain that is present in the pictures.
How are you seeing any of the things you’re saying ? I have the bag in my hands and there are none of these things

Thank you anyway .
The logo is totally off.

the bag’s proportion is not right too.

Thank you eunaddict .. I tried posting there but I ended up posting a “reply” instead and now I fear I’ve posted way to many time’s

That's fine, you just have to wait a while sometimes...we've only got one authenticator for Celine.

Also, I'm not sure why you're asking for "defining issues to prove it's a fake", but if it's to get a refund from a seller then you might need to send it off for paid authentication. I'm not sure sellers take the word of TPF forum members on authentication.

But yes, there are numerous signs and indications as to why we all believe this isn't a genuine item. I'm, personally, reluctant to say what those indications are because this is a relatively public forum and any information on how to distinguish genuine bags from counterfeits makes it easier for counterfeiters to produce better and better fakes. And that just makes purchasing 2nd hand bags all the more risky.

That's fine, you just have to wait a while sometimes...we've only got one authenticator for Celine.

Also, I'm not sure why you're asking for "defining issues to prove it's a fake", but if it's to get a refund from a seller then you might need to send it off for paid authentication. I'm not sure sellers take the word of TPF forum members on authentication.

But yes, there are numerous signs and indications as to why we all believe this isn't a genuine item. I'm, personally, reluctant to say what those indications are because this is a relatively public forum and any information on how to distinguish genuine bags from counterfeits makes it easier for counterfeiters to produce better and better fakes. And that just makes purchasing 2nd hand bags all the more risky.
I appreciate your input , thank you

Hi all, decided to add a post to this thread as I also also facing the same issue as Lanaseattle. I have recently purchased a black Celine classic box bag from Vestiaire and have the same "atypical" features as seen on the bag from Lanaseattle :sad:

I believe our bags are from the earliest edition of the Celine classic box as the strap's bracelet does not come with the hatch. I do own a Celine classic box in the amazone color (purchased in 2019) and am looking to get a black one as I love the style of the bag so much. I came across a black Celine classic box from Vestaire at a great price and decided to get it. Now, I am worried if the bag I received from Vestiaire is also a fake based on the opinions from this thread :sad: I am hoping these "atypical" features are just unique to the really really old version of the Celine classic box and that our bags are authentic. I have also seen these atypical features on a discontinued large Celine classic box. I would really like to keep the bag from Vestaire and will appreciate any opinions from owners of the Celine classic box bag in the early years.

I have attached a series of pictures of the atypical features. Any help will be greatly appreciated!

1. Here is the picture of the strap's bracelet without the hatch which makes me believe the bag is from the early years:
Bracelet.jpg

2. I find the font stamping quite different from the classic box bags.
Font.jpg

3. The zipper tab of the bag just a plain leather without embossment.
Zipper tab not embossed.jpg

4. The date code is on a tab.
Serial tab.jpg

5. The clasp only has one spring instead of two.
one spring.jpg

6. The proportion of the bag is slightly "off" from the Celine classic box I owned in amazone colour. The bag is more "square-like" rather than rectangular. Plus, the leather on the bag does not have the textured fine lines as seen on the classic box bags nowadays

Sorry for the long post :sad: But will greatly appreciate any additional opinions!