Please Advise!

Chloe_Gr

Dec 2, 2011
First of all Happy New Year to all the members.
Im sorry for the long post to follow, but i could really use some advice.
About 20 days ago i posted on the authenticate forum asking for help on a Celine mini in camel.
I had some responces concerning the authenticity of the bag, and decided to pay the seller since it was 4 days before Xmas and wanted to receive the bag as fast as possible.
About an hour after i bought the purse, i got a paypal invoice from the seller asking if i could pay her soon, for she was leaving for Xmas vacation and would not be able to ship my bag till after she got back.
Being sure of the authenticity of the bag, i went ahead and paid her through paypal straight away and asked her to please ship before she left.
So 2 days later i email her asking her for tracking etc and get no responce.
Same goes for the next 10 days, where i start to lose my patience, mostly becasue she has been ignoring my emails.
I send her one last one, on the 29th of December, stating that if she does not respond i will open a case with ebay.
Soon enough, i get an email from her stating, she's out of the country, apologizing etc, and promising to ship out my purse when she returns on the January 4th.
Nonetheless, because i want the bag, i say fine i will wait but expect you to ship my bag by the 5th of January.
Long story short, today after having emailed her another 4 times still have no responce from her, and of course the bag has not been shipped.
I opened a case on ebay, but my problem is that i really want the bag.
I think she might have changed her mind about selling, because she accepted my offer for a good deal of a price.
Can you please let me know, if i should just put up with a refund, or insist she sends the bag to me?
Thank you, and sorry for the long post.

You can insist all you like, but that doesn't mean the seller will send it. Obviously there's something going on and she doesn't seem particularly fussed about getting the bag to you. You should just take a refund at this point.

Thanks for getting back to me.
Im still waiting on her side to respond on the case i've opened.
Apparently she has till January 16th to respond.
So basically she's left me almost a whole month without the bag and having taken the money.
Why do people do that?? Im so mad!

Yes, PayPal cases can drag on a bit. They'll be waiting on her to add a tracking number, but if she hasn't sent it then obviously she doesn't have one. You'll just have to hang in there and wait it out.

I've had this happen before but not with expensive items.
I mean i got scammed out of an eyeshadow palette once...lol
Got my money back about a month later.
But im just so angry, because in the meantime i could have bidded and won a bag from a legit seller with better communication :sad:
Plus, i dont own a credit card, i paid through my bank account, and was really saving up for this purchase.
Now i have to wait a whole month before i get my refund and proceed with another purcahse..

There are some very unscrupulous sellers (and buyers--not you) on ebay. Most are honest, but the bad ones really ruin things for the rest of us.

So sorry this happened to you, OP.

Thanks for the support you guys.
Ebay is becoming a nightmare :sad:
I had problems with previous purchase (Chanel Bijoux Chain), bag took over 40 days to arrive.
I guess i will have to wait it out.. Do you think i should let her know that i still want the bag??
Or now that i've opened a case, there's no chance of her actually sending it?

Unfortunately you will have to wait until the 16th...

If the seller has been so unresponsive now, why would you still want the bag
from her & why would you still want to deal with her?? As you post, you could
have purchased the bag from a legitimate seller with better communication...

By the way, when this is all resolved, you should leave the appropraite
feedback for this seller to warn other buyers of her communication leaves
much to be desired, IMO...

Keep us posted & sorry you have to wait & deal with a seller like this

You are right.
I still want the bag because i got a good deal imo.
Maybe that is the reason she wont ship in the first place..
Got a better offer or something.
Will do, she deserves negative feedaback.
Something i've only done once before throughtout my whole experience on ebay over the years..

By the way,
This is a long shot, but has anybody ever thought that is a way to "borrow" money for a while?

I mean, you list something expensive on ebay.
Buyer pays you... you dont ship.
Make some lame excuse about problems etc.. gain time until buyer escalates this to a case.
You still have the money, and dont have to give it back for 20+ days less or more.
I know it sounds crazy, but i have been talking to another friend of mine who had the same problems 2 times.
Bought something expensive, seller never shipped.
Of course she got her money back, but after a month.

By the way,
This is a long shot, but has anybody ever thought that is a way to "borrow" money for a while?

I mean, you list something expensive on ebay.
Buyer pays you... you dont ship.
Make some lame excuse about problems etc.. gain time until buyer escalates this to a case.
You still have the money, and dont have to give it back for 20+ days less or more.
I know it sounds crazy, but i have been talking to another friend of mine who had the same problems 2 times.
Bought something expensive, seller never shipped.
Of course she got her money back, but after a month.

It certainly is possible but most of us would like & want to think
that sellers still have honor & integrity..and will ship after
they have gotten paid.

Your seller got paid promptly told you that there would be a delay
in shipping & not is TOTALLY unresponsive..

Not the right thing to be doing for sure...by the way, what kind
of feedback does this seller have???

:thinking:i know its a long shot.. but it crossed my mind because she was so eager to get paid before her holiday!!!
Not to get ahead of myself but she used the $ for her holiday expenses.

Her feedback is not good.
She only has 18.
I know i should have been more cautious, but its very rare to find good deals on designer items on the UK site.
I've had so many problems with customs, so i opt to use the UK site so everything within the EU has no custom delays, expenses etc.
I saw she had negative ones regarding communication but i went ahead and thought maybe it was just one of those unfair negative feedbacks some buyers leave when their item is delayed or whatever.
Then again, i dont have alot of feedback myself and just started selling some things these past months.
So i try not to be negative with sellers that dont have a lot of feedback because i happen to be one of them as well.
Because im not aware at all concerning big amounts, what happens if she doesnt have that money in her pay pal account?
I;'ve been covered by ebay concerning a small purchase some months ago, but what happens if shes withdrawn her funds from her account?
I will still get a refund right?

Chloe_Gr said:
First of all Happy New Year to all the members.
Im sorry for the long post to follow, but i could really use some advice.
About 20 days ago i posted on the authenticate forum asking for help on a Celine mini in camel.
I had some responces concerning the authenticity of the bag, and decided to pay the seller since it was 4 days before Xmas and wanted to receive the bag as fast as possible.
About an hour after i bought the purse, i got a paypal invoice from the seller asking if i could pay her soon, for she was leaving for Xmas vacation and would not be able to ship my bag till after she got back.
Being sure of the authenticity of the bag, i went ahead and paid her through paypal straight away and asked her to please ship before she left.
So 2 days later i email her asking her for tracking etc and get no responce.
Same goes for the next 10 days, where i start to lose my patience, mostly becasue she has been ignoring my emails.
I send her one last one, on the 29th of December, stating that if she does not respond i will open a case with ebay.
Soon enough, i get an email from her stating, she's out of the country, apologizing etc, and promising to ship out my purse when she returns on the January 4th.
Nonetheless, because i want the bag, i say fine i will wait but expect you to ship my bag by the 5th of January.
Long story short, today after having emailed her another 4 times still have no responce from her, and of course the bag has not been shipped.
I opened a case on ebay, but my problem is that i really want the bag.
I think she might have changed her mind about selling, because she accepted my offer for a good deal of a price.
Can you please let me know, if i should just put up with a refund, or insist she sends the bag to me?
Thank you, and sorry for the long post.

I'm a bit confused here. She did state she would ship AFTER returning, which was weird & wrong on her part. She should not have an auction up if she's going on a break. That's the first issue.
Secondly, she could have answered your first inquiry, admitted as much & offered to refund you pronto.
Now you have a case opened. I think you've lost any chance of this particular bag now. The buyer isn't going to want to sell to you.
The worst part is that now you have to wait for this to slog its way thru Paypals system before you get your refund.
I would say at this point: this one just didn't work out & this is not the particular bag for you. Wait for your refund, do deeper research on the next seller & find the bag again. One will show up for you!
So sorry for this trouble!

I don't think you're going to get the bag.

This is the seller's feedback and in June, 2012, she was negged for refusing to send an item and in April, she kept promising to ship and didn't do so:
http://feedback.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayI...sspagename=VIP:feedback&ftab=FeedbackAsSeller

Understand that this is absolutely NOT intended to kick you while you're down, but in looking at your AT request for the bag, I see that you were advised not to buy until you could get the authentication and that the seller was unresponsive to your requests. That should have been a huge red flag.

This seller should definitely get negged and with her previous history, her ebay account could be in jeopardy. At this point, her 77% feedback stinks and it'll be worse once you leave your feedback.

As for your money, you needn't worry. If you don't get the item, you'll win the dispute.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Celine-mi...=&orig_cvip=true&rt=nc&_trksid=p2047675.l2557