Please advise, weird thing...

Sep 7, 2006
I have a Prada bag listed on Bonanzle, and I got a notification from Paypal that the buyer is going to send me an e-check. I just got an email saying that the e-check from her could not be processed as it was declined by the senders bank. What does this mean?? Am I getting scammed or is this a thing that happens often?

Just send her another email suggesting she pays by CC via PP so that there isn't a time delay for her check to clear. I would assume that you wait till her check clears (10+days) before sending out the bag.

GL

Here is what I sent her:

Hi again,

I think it'd be easier if you paid via Paypal by credit card, that why we don't have to wait till the check clears, which could be up to 10 days. How does that sound? Please let me know! :smile:

Thanks and happy holidays!

I think that sounds fair. I usually have people send me a cashier's check if they insist on sending a check.... Any way you decide to continue the transaction, I agree that it would be smart to make sure that it clears first.

Personally I would not go through with the sale. If they don't have the funds in their checking account I would be worried that they might try a chargeback later on. I would be a little concerned at this point and wouldn't mind to re-list if it were me. Best of luck to you, let us know.

Personally I would not go through with the sale. If they don't have the funds in their checking account I would be worried that they might try a chargeback later on. I would be a little concerned at this point and wouldn't mind to re-list if it were me. Best of luck to you, let us know.
^^^I agree. I'd also be concerned about a chargeback.

Another option is to suggest that she might pay with USPS money order. I like those because they will validate and cash them at the post office and you don't have to wait for it to clear.

It seems the buyer is not going to pay. You could inform Bonanzle to cancel the transaction so to get your fee back, then relist it. By any chance the buyer sends you the money, you could return/refund her money. Like littlerock said, I wouldn't go through with the sale.