Please advise, weird thing...

Sep 7, 2006
14,787
1,832
Berlin, Germany.
I have a Prada bag listed on Bonanzle, and I got a notification from Paypal that the buyer is going to send me an e-check. I just got an email saying that the e-check from her could not be processed as it was declined by the senders bank. What does this mean?? Am I getting scammed or is this a thing that happens often?
 

noshoepolish

Labrador Lover
Authenticator
O.G.
Oct 4, 2006
9,817
119
Yes, she bounced the e-check. I usually tell them their e-check did not clear and they have to pay by paypal with a credit card.
 

Mimster

Member
Jul 20, 2009
3,445
6
Just send her another email suggesting she pays by CC via PP so that there isn't a time delay for her check to clear. I would assume that you wait till her check clears (10+days) before sending out the bag.

GL
 
Sep 7, 2006
14,787
1,832
Berlin, Germany.
Here is what I sent her:

Hi again,

I think it'd be easier if you paid via Paypal by credit card, that why we don't have to wait till the check clears, which could be up to 10 days. How does that sound? Please let me know! :smile:

Thanks and happy holidays!
 

AmbassadorBri

UPS <3's TPF, too!
Jul 23, 2009
4,867
0
I think that sounds fair. I usually have people send me a cashier's check if they insist on sending a check.... Any way you decide to continue the transaction, I agree that it would be smart to make sure that it clears first.
 

littlerock

Love is Love is Love
O.G.
Apr 19, 2007
21,588
119
In the moment
Personally I would not go through with the sale. If they don't have the funds in their checking account I would be worried that they might try a chargeback later on. I would be a little concerned at this point and wouldn't mind to re-list if it were me. Best of luck to you, let us know.
 

BeenBurned

Coach, Dooney, Uggs
Authenticator
O.G.
Feb 25, 2007
47,477
16,281
East Coast, USA
Personally I would not go through with the sale. If they don't have the funds in their checking account I would be worried that they might try a chargeback later on. I would be a little concerned at this point and wouldn't mind to re-list if it were me. Best of luck to you, let us know.
^^^I agree. I'd also be concerned about a chargeback.

Another option is to suggest that she might pay with USPS money order. I like those because they will validate and cash them at the post office and you don't have to wait for it to clear.
 

HandbagAngel

Authenticator
O.G.
Apr 18, 2006
15,043
53
It seems the buyer is not going to pay. You could inform Bonanzle to cancel the transaction so to get your fee back, then relist it. By any chance the buyer sends you the money, you could return/refund her money. Like littlerock said, I wouldn't go through with the sale.