Please advice me to pick a color for next H. bag, I need to make a decision fast!

What would be the perfect add to my humble collection?

• Something bleu like Bleu Orage, Bleu de Malte or Bleu de Galice.

• Something red

• Ultra Violet

• Skip this order and wait until I am 100% sure.

Results are only viewable after voting.

**Chanel**

Trying to b good ^_^
O.G.
Jan 31, 2009
Hi all,

Here's the story. Last summer, I placed an order for a Vert de Gris Kelly for this upcoming podium.
Last week I called the store to cancel my order, because I kind of lost interest in this color. The SA on the phone asked me if I would like to order another color instead, and told me that the manager will go to Paris on Wednesday. She told me I could think about it and call back this week.

The thing is, I have no idea which color to pick. I was actually ok with just skipping this podium and not order a bag at all. Simply because I haven't make up my mind yet which would be a perfect add to my humble collection ( which are 4 H. bags atm. 28 Ebene Evergrain Kelly phw, 30 Gris T. Togo Birkin phw, 30 Sanguine Togo Birkin ghw and 35 Black Togo Birkin phw).

So I really could use your help and advice here. Maybe I can see things clear then :P. I would like a color that can grow old with me. What would be the perfect add to my humble collection?

Option 1. After seeing a beautiful Bleu Orage Birkin with ghw on this forum from a lovely member, I am thinking if I should go for that color. In a 32 Kelly with ghw.
Another color I still like is Bleu de Malte, especially in the Eclat version. I don't know if it's still available though.

Option 2. Another color I would like to have is a perfect wine red Birkin or Kelly. But so far, I haven't seen the color I have in my mind on a H item yet. I have seen it in Celine, and I attached a picture of the bag I saw on a blog. But I have no idea which H. color comes very close to this color. Prune?
The new Rouge H. seems to have more brown undertones, I am not really a fan of that. Rubis in Clemence is brighter I think. So I am not sure if the perfect wine red color is out there yet. I like a wine red color with a bit framboise undertone.

Option 3. Purple. There's still Ultra Violet. But I am still wondering if it won't be too bright for me. Thinking Bleu Orage or Bleu de Malte might work better for me and my wardrobe.

Other suggestions about colors are welcome as well. So far, I think I have a slight preference for something bleu. Bleu Orage or Bleu de Malte. Maybe even Bleu de Galice, but I have no idea yet how that color will look in a bag.
Which bleu do you prefer? For everyone who know me or have seen my modeling pics, which color do you think would work best for me (calling the TPF stylists :biggrin:)?

Thank you in advance for your help everyone, appreciate it! If I still can't make up my mind in the next two days, I think I will thank the SA for the opportunity to place an order and wait until I know for 100% what I want ;).

Here's the picture of a Celine bag in a wine red color that I like, but I don't think there's a H. color exactly like this?

Attachments

• burgundy - oxblood - burberry peplum asos dress fur collar celine luggage.png
    burgundy - oxblood - burberry peplum asos dress fur collar celine luggage.png
    155.8 KB · Views: 1,153
Hello dear, when I started to read your post, the first thing I thought was something blue! It will be a different side of the spectrum of your sanguine and a great addition of a colour to your collection. Would you not like blue hydra in a smaller size B(30) or K(32)? Or is BH too bright? Otherwise I think blue orage sounds like a great choice. Good luck deciding!

Ok, you got 2 neutral greyish bags (sorry my English is poor), 1 black, 1 in warm orange tone, I think you need a cool-toned bag, i.e. blue (to match with the new blue Paperoles shawl, Mosaique mousselines, etc.). Blue would look great with jeans as well.
Red bags are timeless, but it has to be the right red, so I think maybe wait another season.

Hello dear, when I started to read your post, the first thing I thought was something blue! It will be a different side of the spectrum of your sanguine and a great addition of a colour to your collection. Would you not like blue hydra in a smaller size B(30) or K(32)? Or is BH too bright? Otherwise I think blue orage sounds like a great choice. Good luck deciding!

Hi dear, thank you for your advice :biggrin:! I have a slight preference for blue myself as well.
Blue Hydra is very nice, but a bit bright for me ;).

Ok, you got 2 neutral greyish bags (sorry my English is poor), 1 black, 1 in warm orange tone, I think you need a cool-toned bag, i.e. blue (to match with the new blue Paperoles shawl, Mosaique mousselines, etc.). Blue would look great with jeans as well.
Red bags are timeless, but it has to be the right red, so I think maybe wait another season.

I think your English is fine, dear :biggrin:. I think I also have a slight preference for blue. Do you have any shade of blue in your mind that you would suggest to me?

Do you guys think Bleu Orage might be too dark for me since I already have two dark bags? Because Bleu Orage seems to be darker IRL than on the pictures on PF? And what's the difference between Bleu Orage and Bleu Tempete (I think the last one is a bit more bleu)? Which of the two do you prefer?

You are considering UV, but stated you were worried it might be too bright. I dont know if I would say it is a bright color in the sense of a POP shade. It isnt neon or as POP like Blue Hydra is in the blue shade spectrum. I think that might actually be a nice color to add to your collection, especially with GHW.

Or what about classic Gold? Are you a non-gold lover? I adore it with GHW. I never thought Gold would interest me until recently, but it certainly is a great neutral and would work in all seasons. Just a couple ideas. But if nothing is really singing to you (which is also the case with me at the moment) you could always, like you said, sit this podium out. On the other hand, I think you should still place a choice and upon its arrival if you dont love it you are not forced to buy it. In the case that you do love it, at least you had the option to order it in....Sorry if this isnt helping at all...

My vote goes to Blue Orage for a 32cm Kelly since you have no blues nor a cool toned Kelly, and it seems to be a neutral that will go with a lot of colors. But if you don't need a blue Kelly (i.e. your Gris T Birkin would serve the purpose with any clothes that you'd wear with Blue Orage), then maybe skip this order all together. Good luck!

You are considering UV, but stated you were worried it might be too bright. I dont know if I would say it is a bright color in the sense of a POP shade. It isnt neon or as POP like Blue Hydra is in the blue shade spectrum. I think that might actually be a nice color to add to your collection, especially with GHW.

Or what about classic Gold? Are you a non-gold lover? I adore it with GHW. I never thought Gold would interest me until recently, but it certainly is a great neutral and would work in all seasons. Just a couple ideas. But if nothing is really singing to you (which is also the case with me at the moment) you could always, like you said, sit this podium out. On the other hand, I think you should still place a choice and upon its arrival if you dont love it you are not forced to buy it. In the case that you do love it, at least you had the option to order it in....Sorry if this isnt helping at all...

Thank you for your suggestions, dear :smile:!

The reason why I am more leaning towards blue, is because I think blue would work better for me than UV. Lots of my scarves and shawls have blue in it.
Therefor I was thinking Blue Orage, I like the idea of a storm color, but on the other hand I am also wondering if it won't be too grey for me.

Gold is nice as well, but since I already have Black, Ebene and Gris T., I thought a blue or another color would be more interesting. The question is, which blue?
Orage, Tempete, de Malte or maybe even the new Blue de Galice.
My head is spinning atm :P.

My vote goes to Blue Orage for a 32cm Kelly since you have no blues nor a cool toned Kelly, and it seems to be a neutral that will go with a lot of colors. But if you don't need a blue Kelly (i.e. your Gris T Birkin would serve the purpose with any clothes that you'd wear with Blue Orage), then maybe skip this order all together. Good luck!

Mmm, you have a point here, oujia board. My Gris T. does have phw, and if I would order Blue Orage, I would definitely pick ghw. Mmmmm...

I think Bleu de Malte or Bleu de Galice is your perfect blue.

Orage is grey. Abysse is black. Tempete is teal. BdP still has a bit teal in it. Bleu de Malte is safest. Galice is a bit brighter medium toned. I know there was some BdM out around Christmas....not sure if they will continue into spring...

Rubis in Fjord sounds a bit like the red you are describing...but I still think your heart is in the blue and if I were you I would pick BdM if possible.

Last edited:
Is BE still avail for PO? Its an in-between colors of blue and purple, different enough from your current collection.

Its bright but I'm sure you can pull it off if you already comfortably using Sanguine. Moreover, you already have enough neutrals such as Ebene, Black and GT. Sanguine will serve the bright red/orange spectrum for the time being. So something blue/purple would fill the gap. This is coming from someone who is not overly crazy with blue/purple, but I love my Iris dearly and have never regretted owning it!