pleas help my combine my new-to-me scarf

millivanilli

Jan 29, 2016
Dear all,

recently I could snatch the Nueès imaginaires in CW 06 as pictured here

http://www.poupishop.com/already-sold-items-hermes-cw06-nuees-imaginaires-twill-90.html

I love that scarf, really it is beyond pretty and I love simply watching at it, but:

I
am not lucky finding an outfit that matches the scarf.

I thought about black trousers and a white blouse but the colors are not popping enough on me so it'll look boring.

Please help my style my scarf, any ideas are highly appreciated!

Thank you all!

Perhaps the black and white is too strong a contrast, the scarf seems beautifully nuanced and subtle.

What about a lavender, lilac or pale grey shirt, top or tee and light jeans. All the cool grey/purples/pinks/soft-white and lighter blues should do very well I think and in most combos without overwhelming. Then the white/black should stand out on the scarf more and be more eye catching

What an interesting thread !

There's blue in the scarf so you totally can wear it with jeans. You do not have to stick with black.

Have you considered a beautiful yellow top ? Not a too bright yellow but I've noticed yellow and purple go well together, so do yellow and grey. Yellow might be the answer ?

It's a really beautiful and impressive scarf.

Reactions: millivanilli
I agree with LaFrenchLady-- very interesting thread!

I agree with a lot of the previous suggestions-- I think it is best to go with a coloured top rather than a white. The overall scarf reads very neutral, although it does have a lot of colour in it. I think another reason why the white blouse didn't make the scarf "pop" is because of the white contrast trim. Pairing with grey, black or lavender will keep in the same tones of the scarf.

As an alternative to going with subtle shades, I would set this scarf against a darker purple or pink, to play off the details in the scarf.

In the end, it's very personal, so have fun trying it with everything in your wardrobe! The most unlikely combination may totally work on you, and then it becomes your signature!

Do post some of your outfits, would love to see all the different looks.

Perhaps the black and white is too strong a contrast, the scarf seems beautifully nuanced and subtle.

What about a lavender, lilac or pale grey shirt, top or tee and light jeans. All the cool grey/purples/pinks/soft-white and lighter blues should do very well I think and in most combos without overwhelming. Then the white/black should stand out on the scarf more and be more eye catching

Dear Papertiger,

first I wanted to answer: I don't have any of those colors, but went in my closet and had a look and found 2 shirts, one apricot with an orange undertone and a second one in a very dirty tourquise and, what do I say- they match perfectly! With those shirts the colors of the scarf pop! You are a true fashion-master thousends of thanks!

First off, congrats on this beautiful scarf. Regarding pairing it, I actually think that wearing it with a black dress, a gray dress, or a white dress will make the scarf pop since it has some color. Same for wearing it with black pants and white shirt.

I also think you can wear it with jeans and simple white top to make it casual.

Regarding other colors, you can really pair it with any of the colors in the scar: blue, pink, purple, lilac, etc. I think yellow would look nice as well, just make sure it goes with the yellow/orange color in the scarf.

I did some google searching and found a lady with the same scarf. I include the link for purposes of showing the colors (I think the pink in the skirt would go well with it): http://miacillan.blogspot.com/2012_01_29_archive.html

Hope this helps!

Reactions: millivanilli
What an interesting thread !

There's blue in the scarf so you totally can wear it with jeans. You do not have to stick with black.

Have you considered a beautiful yellow top ? Not a too bright yellow but I've noticed yellow and purple go well together, so do yellow and grey. Yellow might be the answer ?

It's a really beautiful and impressive scarf.

Dear LaFrenchLady,

actually I do not own a single pair of jeans... But I have somewhere in my closet trousers I once bought from Escada in the strangest blue-grey-blueberry-tone you can imagine. if I only could a) find those (no my closet isn't that as big) and b) fit into them... But I'll try as I agree with both of you that blue trousers will be better than black.

Yellow, albeit I love it, makes me pale and look quite sick:sad:

First off, congrats on this beautiful scarf. Regarding pairing it, I actually think that wearing it with a black dress, a gray dress, or a white dress will make the scarf pop since it has some color. Same for wearing it with black pants and white shirt.

I also think you can wear it with jeans and simple white top to make it casual.

Regarding other colors, you can really pair it with any of the colors in the scar: blue, pink, purple, lilac, etc. I think yellow would look nice as well, just make sure it goes with the yellow/orange color in the scarf.

I did some google searching and found a lady with the same scarf. I include the link for purposes of showing the colors (I think the pink in the skirt would go well with it): http://miacillan.blogspot.com/2012_01_29_archive.html

Hope this helps!

Dear LovEmAll,

thank you so much for your effort! The lady in the blog did a greytone combination I like a lot. Have to buy a grey blouse. There is always a reason to have grey in your closet isn't it?

Black and white didn't work, unfortunatelly...

I agree with LaFrenchLady-- very interesting thread!

I agree with a lot of the previous suggestions-- I think it is best to go with a coloured top rather than a white. The overall scarf reads very neutral, although it does have a lot of colour in it. I think another reason why the white blouse didn't make the scarf "pop" is because of the white contrast trim. Pairing with grey, black or lavender will keep in the same tones of the scarf.

As an alternative to going with subtle shades, I would set this scarf against a darker purple or pink, to play off the details in the scarf.

In the end, it's very personal, so have fun trying it with everything in your wardrobe! The most unlikely combination may totally work on you, and then it becomes your signature!

Do post some of your outfits, would love to see all the different looks.

Dear j3nl,

thank you for your answer!

Actually I like the purple suggestion a lot as this is a color that suits me- I am green undertoned so I have to follow my colorpalette otherwise I will look terrible (best case).

I started making pictures of combinations, will load them up immediatly.

Dark purple shirt will have to find its way into my closet as well as a grey one.

Reactions: papertiger
Sorry for the bad lightening...

The last one shows my jackets I usually wear for work. The black ones won't be displayed but are clearly in the majority...

1472046735498.jpg
0143a8b381c7c6de743678691d09caeb.jpg
1472046777843.jpg1472046804244.jpg

Sent from my HUAWEI Y560-L01 using PurseForum mobile app

Dear LovEmAll,

thank you so much for your effort! The lady in the blog did a greytone combination I like a lot. Have to buy a grey blouse. There is always a reason to have grey in your closet isn't it?

Black and white didn't work, unfortunatelly...
Anytime my dear! Sorry that B&W didn't work, but the colors you just posted look great. I really like the green and pink. And I LOVE gray so yes, always a nice excuse to buy some gray blouses ;)

Have you tried pairing it with that beautiful cream/white coat?

Anytime my dear! Sorry that B&W didn't work, but the colors you just posted look great. I really like the green and pink. And I LOVE gray so yes, always a nice excuse to buy some gray blouses ;)

Have you tried pairing it with that beautiful cream/white coat?

Dear LoveEmAll

really I couldn't think of a better community!

I tried pairing it with the white coat but it didn't work :sad: Wait, I'll post a picture.