Playing Chess...Chloe Style

Loganz

will work for shoes
O.G.
Dec 16, 2005
8,252
12
Colorado
I really like the Gladys, would like to see it on your arm to assess size.

When the models carried the bag in the runway pics it looked so bulky, but, it really is a funky bag without being too punk-y. :P
 

SCL

Member
Dec 23, 2005
8,612
20
Thanks, Loganz. Will take pics when I am a bit more "together"...I am officially on spring break, so "together" may take a day or two as I take advantage of the opportunity to "veg"...

Okay, also created a JC Ramona thread...
 

traceyd

Member
Feb 4, 2006
341
1
since this thread is doubling as the JC thread, i just returned from saks in nyc...wore pucci parka to avoid SA abuse. they didn't have any ramonas,nor will they be getting anymore. nor did they have whatever the smaller version is being called today, it is only online. the nice SA showed me how big it is and it will be way to small for me. i know they have some ramonas in jc nyc as i have seen them last week...mostly brown...now turning it back to a chloe sight, i ended up walking out with a betty hobo in tan/chamois...not sure i will keep it, but will take it out of bag when husband takes dog for walk so i can see.. promised i was on the wagon...
SA wanted my whiskey tote, as did some lady who saw it siitting on counter as it is still killing my back. i told her if she liked it so much she could carry it around for me while i shopped...
picked up an edith -- only to find out it belonged to someone and was full of her things.
thought if it were for sale, i'd get it - then bring it back to PF as i know so many want one.
 

SCL

Member
Dec 23, 2005
8,612
20
Are you going to list your tote for sale then traceyd? Sounds like it is a "pain" for you...
 

traceyd

Member
Feb 4, 2006
341
1
SoCal said:
Are you going to list your tote for sale then traceyd? Sounds like it is a "pain" for you...
socal -i'm giving it serious thought....i really love everything about it except using it!!!!!
i was thinking it would make a great travel bag...as i travel a good bit..but lugging it around airports will be drag. the only option is i work in la alot and could use it as my la "meeting" purse - when i just go from car to office or restaurant....you think i should list it? it's only week old.
or perhaps i could put wheels on it-- start a whole new trend!
 

ETenebris

O.G.
Feb 4, 2006
8,231
182
United States
traceyd said:
since this thread is doubling as the JC thread, i just returned from saks in nyc...wore pucci parka to avoid SA abuse. they didn't have any ramonas,nor will they be getting anymore. nor did they have whatever the smaller version is being called today, it is only online. the nice SA showed me how big it is and it will be way to small for me. i know they have some ramonas in jc nyc as i have seen them last week...mostly brown...now turning it back to a chloe sight, i ended up walking out with a betty hobo in tan/chamois...not sure i will keep it, but will take it out of bag when husband takes dog for walk so i can see.. promised i was on the wagon...
SA wanted my whiskey tote, as did some lady who saw it siitting on counter as it is still killing my back. i told her if she liked it so much she could carry it around for me while i shopped...
picked up an edith -- only to find out it belonged to someone and was full of her things.
thought if it were for sale, i'd get it - then bring it back to PF as i know so many want one.
I hope you are going to post pics for us of your new Gladys!
 

traceyd

Member
Feb 4, 2006
341
1
SoCal said:
Hmmm...I decided to list mine as I now have the big, bad Gladys tote...
i think you are a wise girl socal, the gladys looks great -- i saw it in blue, hated the shade, but love the black. and you won't see yourself coming and going, nor will you need disc surgery!
just had a twenty minute discussion with my DH who is so patient but cannot debate the virtures of the betty hobo versus the tote anymore today.
he finally just said, "the tote is a better bag, what else can i say." so he's right -- but let i don't see him carrying it around for me all day.
now if he gets me a driver.....
 

SCL

Member
Dec 23, 2005
8,612
20
Driver sounds good...you could also try for the "Donald" as I took a pass...

I do think the tote is a nicer bag than the Betty hobo (but, yes, heavier...)

ET...Will post pics of Gladys once I put myself togther...maybe tomorrow (currently on "spring break" and have been a bit of a "veg")...
 

traceyd

Member
Feb 4, 2006
341
1
SoCal said:
Driver sounds good...you could also try for the "Donald" as I took a pass...

I do think the tote is a nicer bag than the Betty hobo (but, yes, heavier...)

ET...Will post pics of Gladys once I put myself togther...maybe tomorrow (currently on "spring break" and have been a bit of a "veg")...
fraid i couldn't take the donald on a bet....
just the driver!
and re betty versus tote...oh god tracey, get over it....anyway, i need something light to drag around - is the best bag ever?? no...but i have it all packed up for the plane tomorrow and it does the trick and is cute...white extra large muse is on order at bergdorfs and i'll do a dark brown ramona in the fall....
 

QuirkyCool

Quirky and Cool
Mar 20, 2006
1,324
4
Rotterdam,Netherlands
SoCal said:
A little more "Chloe chess"...decided the black medium pocket filled my paddington needs, so sent the medium zippy bowler back to Henri Bendel. It should be there Monday if anyone is interested...
You made a good call here. The pocket paddy is a LOT more interesting and chic :smile:.