Platino Ossidato Oversized Shoulder Bag - a dissenting opinion!

jburgh

BV ~ Ferragamo ~ TODs
O.G.
Aug 17, 2007
Ah, a shopping story where she offers a dissenting opinion.... :graucho:

attachment.php

Over the last few days I have been reading the concerns and negative comments about poor, poor little miss oversized Platino Ossidato shoulder bag. I was confused. You see, there is this milestone birthday coming up and I have been loving the pictures of this bag and the Platino Ossidato Barcelona Cabat. Until today, I had never seen either in real life.

Yes, until today (read: uh, oh big trouble!). So, I have to buy some smoked salmon as a gift and take a bus ride down to Pike Place Market in the city. It was the bus ride from hades - several drunks onboard and some lady who was picking something from her hair the whole trip. Typical mid-morning bus trip in Seattle.

I get there a little early...I am to meet the DH when he goes for a lunch time time haircut. Isn't my life exciting? These are the type of "dates" old married couples have, lol!

I seize the opportunity to pop into Barneys, because I am curious about the exclusive fabric/leather Bbag. That one is a real dog...sorry, Bbag lovers. I don't know what is going on with B, but the price seems to be inversely proportion to the quality these days.

Right next door is Nordies. I love to stop and gab with my *peeps* (the SAs in the handbag department, and BTW, I've never used that slang word before...I am so old.) Getting to the point, I promise.

There it is! Could this beautiful thing be the maligned cervo Platinum Ossidato bag? It is....there it is. Like a moth to the flame, I am drawn to the BV section. After a bunch of ooo, oooo, ooos, I pick up said bag. The deerskin is lovely. The platinum finish is droolworthy. The ossidato woven detail is giving me the vapors. I mention the comments about this bag to the SA. I am conflicted. She says, put your stuff in it and see.

But, I only brought my BV wallet with me. You see, I was also loving a Ferragamo python bag, but I have been trying to be good. I figured if it was still there, then it was meant to be. The Ferragamo bag was still there. But no comparison to a BV. So, I tossed my wallet into poor miss cervo platino, and a few more wallets that were on the counter.

I was wearing a bulky dark plum wool sweater coat and it fit right over my shoulder, the double strap way. And I am not as thin as Samantha, so I wonder what is up? I can also pull the strap and use one for a longer look. The size 2 SA could fit it over her head and wear it cross body. But now I am so surprised that it fits me well. Plus, will all those wallets in it, it slouches down but doesn't look weird at all.

Unlike some, I was so trying NOT to love this bag. It, and not me, was supposed to be short and lumpy. Then for some reason the bag would not allow me to put it down (the science-fiction part of the story). I would put it back on the table and poof, up on the shoulder it would again be. It was a love match, I'm afraid, 50 times over.

So I am the tPF's token lover of this bag. It is fabulous. Indoors the bag looks more like the platino color over black leather. Outside in sun, the gold tones show through and the base color appears more like ebano. It is unbelievably gorgeous and I received many compliments on my way to the barber shop date.

BTW, my DH didn't even notice the new bag. But he did get a great haircut. I guess it is my BD gift from me to me. He is not off the hook. Back on the bus with my fish, my bag, a whole new group of drunks, and some strange guy who is grunting. And that isn't science fiction. Pictures to follow.

Attachments

• pltosbag.jpg
    pltosbag.jpg
    42.9 KB · Views: 390
I think this bag is magnificent!! I am so glad you took it home.
Jburgh, I don't miss taking the bus in Seattle. One time there was a scruffy person with a dead parrot in a cage. Ugh!

Love the story! I am not surprised that you got so many compliments. I am sure you and the bag looked stunning! Looking forward to your additional pics.

well jburgh- congratulations.. I just knew you were going to buy this bag!!!! I too saw this bag IRL at BARNEYS just last week, maybe 5 days ago, and I fell in love.. The color is tdf, and it does look different in different lights.. My SA knows me and knows what I like, and said this is the bag for me.. It is a great bag and a LARGE bag ( I don't even understand what the others are talking about..trading it in..huh????)..So I had to think...It was on my mind for a few days..AND I GO BACK..Guess what ..GONE..they had 2 and sold both.. And in those few days I bought an expensive pair of Doris Panos earrings...so I thought to myself.. I guess it is the earrings over the bag....BUT NOW I WANT BOTH! Wear the bag in good health, and let me know how comfy you think it is..:tup::tup::tup:

Congratulations jburgh!!!! I can't wait to see more pictures - when a bag is calling out to you like that you just have to go for it!

Here's hoping this is just one of SEVERAL birthday bags your friends and family end up getting for you this special birthday year! ;)

Ah what a sweet story. Look, she's smiling shyly.
attachment.php

Happy Happy Early Milestone Birthday, jburgh!! This is so perfect for your BD gift!! ~ Now your DH has to come up with something to complement that.:graucho:

I really love this bag, really.

And you saying that it can be worn messenger style (my favorite!) just made me die a little because I absolutely can not buy it under any circumstances.

so please, post modeling pictures so I can live vicariously through you at least.

happy bday!!

JbUrgh... cONGrats~!!!... I enjoyed reading your story.. and i Can't wait to see modeling pics & the different ways this bag can be worn~!!

Happy B-day t:huh:~! :balloon:.. sometimes gifts to and from self.. are the best... (unless I tell dh exactly what to buy... :rolleyes:).

jburgh,
congrats on the great buy! and thanks for sharing the nice story with us. and happy birthday too!

please please share modelling pics with us. i cant wait to drool over the pics!

Oooh jburg, I enjoyed reading your bag story, you write well and very very entertaining!

Happy Birthday and congratulations in having a birthday present that you love so well.

Do post action pics.... can't wait!

Happy Bday, jburgh. And that was a lovely story. I especially like the last paragraph where you put the fish, bag and drunks together but I'm very sure your heart was full of joy on the ride home. Congrats!!