Platforms: "Look of The Season"?

ValleyO

O.G.
Mar 18, 2006
So today I received an email from Bergdorf's proclaiming that the platform is the "look of the season." Is it just me, or does anyone else find it hard to believe that the platform is still the look after a solid two-year run? Has all creativity been killed in shoe design, or just shoe retailing?

I think they are still very in, its easier for most women to walk in a shoe with a platform than without, especially because heels have been so high lately. If you look at Christian Louboutin's shoes lately the majority of them have platforms or even double platforms, and have skyscraping heel heights. Whether platforms, remain in or not they will always be my favorite, because of how much more comfy they are to my feet.

i think platforms are still in and continue to be omnipresent because the trend is higher and higher heels. to make them walkable and relatively comfortable, they need to have platforms, which makes platforms still "in".....

Yeah, I think platforms will always be in, despite Manolo Blahnik's hatred of them. Maybe the trend won't always be heels that high and platforms *that* thick, but they make a huge difference in comfort.

I am all for platforms! I hope they sick around for a good long time. But I agree it's a bit ridiculous to call them the a new look for the season.

But I always have to laugh when the fashion magainzes say "Denim is in this season". When is it not for goodness sake?