Platform, yay or nay?

1. I'm looking at the simple pump 85 as my first pair of loubs. I can't decide if I should get the one with the platform or non-platform. Any opinions would be much appreciated!
    I live in ballerinas most of the time!

2. I personally prefer without platform, to me the line of the shoe looks nicer without the additional platform. I live in flats too, but when I do wear heels I prefer without platform on lower heels (100mm & lower) as I find them easier to walk in. I think it's because I can feel where the ball of my foot is, if you know what I mean?

3. Isn't it painful to feel the ball of the feet? Everytime I wear heels, I feel the balls of my feet burning! Gel inserts don't seem to work as they make the shoes too tight. Wish there's some trick to standing in heels!

BTW, are you in England? If yes, have you seen the pumps with platforms in London? Selfridges website don't have them, wondering if they carry it.

4. I don't have the simples, my 85mm are pigalles and yes after a long time of standing/walking/dancing they hurt, but I still find them easier to walk in than with the platform. With platforms I find myself tripping up more (this is probably just me though).

I am in the uk, but don't pop into selfridges etc that often. Give them, Harvey Nichols or Harrods a call to see if they have them or drop Louboutin customer services an email.

5. I did hear of ladies tripping more with platform..
    Thanks very much for sharing!

6. I have 2 pairs of 100s, both with platforms. I find them to be more comfortable than non platform shoes.

7. For an 85mm heel height, I say no platform. I'd only go with a platform if it were 120mm and up heel height. I normally wear 100mm heel heights no platform these days (excluding my 120mm with platform OTK boots) and my feet usually survive. If I know it will get too unbearable, I'll bring a pair of flats or flip flops to change into.

8. Platform more comfortable :tup:

9. Platforms will be more comfortable because the reduce part of the height that your foot has to bear and simply gives you the height. Personally, I've always found the platforms to be more comfortable than those without because if you wind up stepping on something (ex: a pebble or a bump in the floor) you don't get that little pressure point. Platforms can be difficult when you first start wearing them, but if you practice at home or on short errands, they become second nature. Hope my opinion is helpful :smile:

10. I'm the same way, no platform for me. It's easier for me to walk in non platform actually. Sometimes I feel that platform gives me more pressure on my toes since you're not naturally balanced on the floor? I hope this makes sense.

11. +1

12. my first pair was 70 simples without the platform. the second pair was the new simple with 85 with the platform, and I feel i enjoy those more. The higher the heel, AND you see more red :biggrin:

13. From a fashion/trend perspective, the platform is a bit of a dated look now. But it depends if you just love them.

14. Platforms are way more comfy since they reduce the pitch, but on the new simples I think they look fugly :sad:

15. That's the struggle, LOL