Plasticky anthracite???

emilybug

purse fickle
O.G.
Feb 21, 2010
Anyone have any issues with this season's anthracite leather?

I just received a Barney's mail order yesterday with an anthracite Velo with mGGH. The leather is thick, but seems almost plasticky compared to all my other Bals. Hmmm. I also don't feel it really smells very leathery which is disappointing too.

Anyone have any input about your anthracite bags?

HiromiT

O.G.
Jun 20, 2012
I looked at a black Town with mGGH and felt the leather was too shiny, which made it look plasticky and cheap. It had a weird high gloss finish that I've never seen on Bal bags before. But the leather smelled nice. :smile:

xyrocky

O.G.
May 14, 2010
I got a 2013 anthracite city recently n it is glossy compared to my other bals. Sometimes I feel that it looks like gris tamac...I sure prefer past years anthracite. I hope when broken in the gloss will fade.

emilybug

purse fickle
O.G.
Feb 21, 2010
Mine is glossier than others, too, but for me I think it's the plasticky smell that bothers me more than anything. It just makes it seem cheap IMO and then I look at the price tag and I don't feel justified in paying that much for it......plus the strap on it is shorter than my other two Velos. I may end up sending it back, although I do like the color. I wish I could choose in person but unfortunately there are NO Bal retailers even in my state.