Plastic zippers

Katie2324

Sep 5, 2014
Hi :smile: so I have been thinking about Chanel bag for awhile since it's a lot of $$$$ to me. They seem ok quality, but I'm confused..why does Chanel use plastic zippers for their very expensive items. How's that possible and what's the reason behind it ?
That looks like a deal breaker to me.
What experience do you have with your handbag's zippers?

Chanel uses multiple types of zippers depending on the bag. Sometimes metal or sometimes what you may be referring to, a zipper with a metal pull but the teeth of the zipper seem to be not metal, I would call it microfiber. For the classic flaps and reissues the zipper is on the flap and touches the leather inner flap, I think a metal zipper would cut into the leather. That's just my two cents. I think the Chanel zippers are very lovely and elegant

Chanel uses multiple types of zippers depending on the bag. Sometimes metal or sometimes what you may be referring to, a zipper with a metal pull but the teeth of the zipper seem to be not metal, I would call it microfiber. For the classic flaps and reissues the zipper is on the flap and touches the leather inner flap, I think a metal zipper would cut into the leather. That's just my two cents. I think the Chanel zippers are very lovely and elegant

I meant zippers for pockets inside the bags. Sorry I wasn't clear.
Yes, the metal zippers can cut into the leather, but they could be partially covered with the leather to protect the interior. I guess to me it just seems strange to see plastic features in a very expensive bags (to me they are pricey). I don't own any Chanel yet, just thinking about it and noticed that fact.
Thanks for the reply.