Plastic Tape On Hardware: Leave On/off??

Another reason why I peel off plastic films as soon as I start using it is that I love seeing sparkly HW each time when I use my bags! AND Peeling off plastic film is fun as well:P ...

My SA took it off from one of my birkin in front of me. In the shop. I was very disappointed. I wanted to do it myself. For the others, I take off ASP.

OMG and my SA told me to keep the plastic ON! She should join this forum!

She said this will keep the tarnishing at bay....which actually makes sense in a way so I took her advice though I felt VERY tacky the first time I took my first Birkin out with her plasic glories still on...I still remember that feeling now...

So for all my bags, I put up with the plastic tapes as long as I can stand it and then I remove them when my fingers itch too badly to control them. Now with all the blessing from this group, I'm removing ALL of them pronto!

OMG!!!!! this is the funniest thread I've read in ages!!!! Not only did reading this thread make me crack up out loud, it got my DH laughing like crazy too...I'm guilty too of leaving the plastic film on my hardware; but then I'm one of those SICK and GHETTO chicks that also leave the plastic on spring box mattresses, remotes, ipod cases, digital camera lcd screens; u name it, i've kept the plastic on!!!!! LOL!!! My DH HATES it when I do this; he thinks it's sooooo tacky!!!!

OMG and my SA told me to keep the plastic ON! She should join this forum!

She said this will keep the tarnishing at bay....which actually makes sense in a way so I took her advice though I felt VERY tacky the first time I took my first Birkin out with her plasic glories still on...I still remember that feeling now...

So for all my bags, I put up with the plastic tapes as long as I can stand it and then I remove them when my fingers itch too badly to control them. Now with all the blessing from this group, I'm removing ALL of them pronto!

Hmm, its strange. My SA always make me remove the plastic immediately. She says the hw may tarnish if u leave the tape on for too long :confused1:

Hmm, its strange. My SA always make me remove the plastic immediately. She says the hw may tarnish if u leave the tape on for too long :confused1:

Well, I can attest that 6 years of plastic on did not have any repercussions, for what it's worth...
The digressions into stumps and whatnot were pretty hilarious--

Yep my plastic covered ones have been on their hardware for years and last night when I removed them, it's like....wow...a new gift of shiny life to those hardware - no scratches, no tarnishing.

Incidentally, who leaves the plastic on their new cell phone screens???? <guilty>

I've left the plastic on my Plume's feet because it protects it when I set it down on the ground.

Guilty on the phone screen thing but it was accidental. It was so well stuck I thought it was part of the screen. I was devastated when I dropped the phone and the "screen" got scratched... I thought I'd ruined my phone then "wait a minute, why is it peeling off?"