Plastic Tape On Hardware: Leave On/off??

Pepper

Raisinette
Authenticator
O.G.
Oct 12, 2006
:wtf: :roflmfao: YOUR SICK!!!!! I take it off as soon as i bring it home, then I stick it onto the raincoat pkg. I have saved every single tape piece.

OK, I feel better now!!
I'll sleep on it, and will truly consider a closet-wide sweep this weekend when I can dedicate myself to this much-needed, yet embarrassingly stressful task!!
How about the fact that I have every single orange box? They are in a moving box in the garage. DH thinks it's sick (I don't think he knows about my plastic "problem" though!!):roflmfao:

koukanamiya

It is what it is
May 25, 2006
Asia & U.S.
My ex-SA advised me to remove all plastic from hardware. According to him, if you leave the plastic on too long, it may start getting glued and melted onto the hardware.

I believe him, that was what happened to one of my Fendi bags ...

OK, I feel better now!!
I'll sleep on it, and will truly consider a closet-wide sweep this weekend when I can dedicate myself to this much-needed, yet embarrassingly stressful task!!
How about the fact that I have every single orange box? They are in a moving box in the garage. DH thinks it's sick (I don't think he knows about my plastic "problem" though!!):roflmfao:
:roflmfao: I keep all my boxes too,.. they actually look so cool arranges all through the top of my closet. I have TONS of boxes, I just love looking up and seeing my accomplishments!

Serenity Now

Insanity later
Feb 6, 2006
OK, OK, I did it ...deep breath...on the black bag, anyway...better late than never I suppose. Sorry about the juicy CSI:Miami-looking fingerprint, this was a rush job...
YAY!!!:yahoo: You feeling ok? Not light-headed? Lol! You know.. I can't say much coz I still have it on the turnlock thing and the feet. The strap ones, GONE on day one but like some others here, I kept them, mine's on a used-up sticker sheet. Don't ask me why I kept a used-up sticker sheet... :rolleyes:

S'Mom

Resistance is Futile
O.G.
Apr 8, 2006
Bagg.....OT, but.......is that your livingroom under your Santa Baby song????? If so it's gorgeous and I'd better get off the stick and do a little something in my own house!!!!!!!!

fox8706

Sep 19, 2006
Keeping the plastic on seems equivalent to:
1. buying a lampshape and keeping the plastic on
2. plastic slipcovers on a sofa
3. Minnie Pearl with the price tag on her hat
It seems a bit "tacky" to me.

Grands Fonds

Alive and Kicking
May 29, 2006
LOL - girls that are plastic-keepers....please don't tell me you kept the stump of your babies' umbillical cords, too?

I had a friend that did that - I dry heave just thinking about it - LOL!!!

Grands Fonds

Alive and Kicking
May 29, 2006
LMAO - Bagg - you crack me up - ALWAYS!!!!!!

I have their first curl, but no fingernails or stumps in my cupboards!! LOL!

Serenity Now

Insanity later
Feb 6, 2006
I have whatever puppies' teeth I could find kept somewhere. And back when I kept turtles, I kept the scutes they shed too...