Plastic surgery in Korea as a Caucasian woman?

Hi! I actually just went to Korea this last December (2020) to get a rhinoplasty at JW clinic.

Wow, you look amazing! I'm so happy for you! this is a little off topic but how were the two weeks in quarantine? Did any clinics offer to sponsor your quarantine stay? I want to go next year so hopefully COVID won't be a thing

Hi! I actually just went to Korea this last December (2020) to get a rhinoplasty at JW clinic. I'm also caucasian and was a little worried about whether or not any Korean clinics could give me the look I desired, since my nose was so bulbous and a much different shape than a typical Korean nose. The clinic I had originally planned to go to in Boston had told me that the nose shape I wanted (smaller tip, lowered bridge, possible nasal reduction and fixed deviated septum) was too hard to do. They could do it, but the surgeon explicitly told me that she probably couldn't make my large, round nose as small as I had wanted it to be.

So, I did some research and found out that there are much better surgeons all over the world (often cheaper than the US). I actually got the idea to go to Korea from this site. I learned that there are numerous surgery clinics in Seoul alone to choose from but some popularized clinics include large names like JW clinic, JK clinic, View, etc. (Btw, smaller clinics can be sketchy so do proper research). I decided to go with JW clinic after hearing about the popular surgeon, Man Koon Suh. He has really great reviews and world-class awards, so I had a feeling that he could actually meet my standards.

I had an online consultation with Dr. Suh in mid-December, and immediately knew that I had found the perfect clinic and surgeon. Unlike the clinic in Boston, he guaranteed that the look I wanted for my nose could be achieved. I sent him some reference photos, and he confidently assured me that he was able to do the procedure to meet my goals.

I had surgery later that month after my 2 week quarantine, and I'm now almost 2 months post-surgery. I can happily say that i'm OBSESSED with my new nose! It's so much smaller, symmetrical, and everything that I could have hoped for (and it's not even fully de-swollen!!). Dr.Suh gave me the exact nose that I had shown him in reference photos. He is incredibly skilled!!

The staff at JW were also amazing to me. The surgery price graciously included English translation throughout my surgery, post care like hair washes and de-swelling, pumpkin juice and medication, and great communication by my consultant Emily :smile:

I can't stress enough how good JW is!! I saved so much money by going to Korea and got way better surgery / post-surgery care than I would have gotten in the US in my opinion.
View attachment 5003268

Hi, how much did you pay for your surgery?:smile: