Plastic Surgery...Done it..

aprild

Apr 3, 2006
Okay I was watching the local news and there is some doctor I think in La Jolla who has a new Tummy shrinking procedure. You are totally awake for the whole thing just a little numbing for the tummy. There was no cutting involved and it takes about 20 min. The lady that had it done lost about 2 inches and it was very noticeable. If you have had a baby you get that little kangroo pouch when its all said and done as a reminder. You know. I wondering has anyone else heard of this? B/C I was wondering how long it last. Also, has anyone had a tummy tuck or lipo? I'm thinking about getting it done.

I'm getting a tummy tuck very soon - I mean very like in 2 weeks or so.
I'm getting anxious. . . this is teh first time I've posted about it really!
But I am 5'2" and had twins and they WRECKED my tummy. I've lost all the weight and go to the gym 3-5 days sometimes more per wekk. . . but you can't tighten up saggy skin :sad:

SwankyMamaof3 said:
But I am 5'2" and had twins and they WRECKED my tummy. I've lost all the weight and go to the gym 3-5 days sometimes more per wekk. . . but you can't tighten up saggy skin :sad:

Good luck, Swanky! My mom had one 6 years ago, she said it's one of the best decisions she's ever made :smile: She lost 60 lbs. 12 years ago and had a similar problem with sagging skin.

I hope everything goes well and that you have a speedy recovery :biggrin:

I've had sclero done (vein removal), botox, and meso therapy for cellulite all of which are non evasive and have no down time.

I would love to get a tummy tuck, but my friend had it done and she was out for over 6 weeks and I just can't see taking that much time off to simply heal....

SwankyMamaof3 said:

Best wishes for a safe surgury and speedy recovery, Swanky!! :flowers:

:heart: Awww, I love you guys! I was thinking "cool! more people have had surgery!" when I saw that the thread had so many new posts. . . you guys are the best!:flowers:

I guess for me I want to find a good quality doctor. I want my procedure done in a hospital and not in an office. One thing about having Plastic Surgery is its no longer taboo. People aren't afraid to talk about b/c it's so common now. I'm losing weight so when I want to get it done my body will be Fierce. Hopefully some of these stretch marks will disappear to after a tummy tuck :smile:..But you know what my husband likes my battle scars :smile:

the best Dr you can find is PARAMOUNT. I've never heard of a Doc doing a TT in office{?}
You're right about it not being so taboo anymore.
I actually would have NEVER expected to want it. . . but I never expected what happened to my body to have happened this young either.
DH loves to travel and is always bugging me to go soemwhere, it's getting depressing telling him No all the time because I'M too ashamed to don a swimsuit:cry:
He's taking off for about 10 days after and my MIL {mother in law} will be a TON of help and I already hit up my Nanny to gtake some extra hours.
We feel like if I don't do it now. . . when will I do it?

SwankyMamaof3 said:

I just had a tummy tuck and breast reduction last Wednesday! I expected things to be much worse, but I am doing great. I won't lie, the first couple of days SUCK, but the narcotics make it all better! My DH has also been great about waiting on me hand and foot. I am absolutely thrilled with my results. I did a great deal of research into cosmetic surgeon's and finally settled on one in Colorado. He is fabulous!

I'm also 5'2 and after my c-section, my stomach was destroyed. I have needed a breast reduction for quite sometime, so I decided to take the plunge and have them both done at the same time.

Good luck, Swanky! You will be so glad that you did it.