plastic sugery

THANK YOU shopjenessashop!! And they are... good.

My doctor told me I could... but then my medical doctor told me she thought I couldn't... so I was all sorts of confused...

Does anyone know if silicone is an issue? Since mine were for a medical purpose they are silicone and not saline. Sorry if this is off topic... :sad:

Ooh , you got the good ones ! Look and feel real ! LOL . You can breastfeed w/ implants ! Definitely .

I get botox , every few months . Just five shots , two over each eyebrow , and one right in between my eyebrows . It doesn't really hurt , It crunches a little though when the needle goes thru the muscle and hits the bone .

My ENT is super cool though , she is only a little older than me and she is always running late . I live less than a half mile from her office so she just calls me when she's ready for me and i go up there , sometimes w/ a wine glass in my hand .

Botox is awesome ! i started it before i really even had any wrinkles , and i still don't . Contemplating blepharoplasty maybe .

I have done the restalyne and hylaform lip injections a couple times. I am over that now though. They don't last long enough for $1K a pop (I would rather have a new handbag!) I don't need botox yet but I will get it when I do. I think chemical peels are excellent and worth the money!

I have saline breast implants under the muscle. They feel great and I love the way they look!

After delivering the baby, my boobs went from a B to a D and now they look like deflated balloons :sweatdrop:

Sorry, I had to laugh! This was so funny! :roflmfao: :roflmfao: :roflmfao: My boobs also looks like that, even though, I have never given birth! I have big breasts, and let me tell you it is a pain in the butt! Add another procedure to my list!

Cowgirl--i've got a few friends and relatives w/boob jobs and tummy tucks. one of them breast fed her 3 children, but it was a little hard for her. i don't know the particulars, but she breast fed for about 4-6 mos. as for stretch marks and tummy tucks, if you have them, they definitely don't go away afterwards. my friend had a tuck, and i still see hers when she wears a 2pc. your tummy will be flat, though. personally, i'm all for boob lifts, fills, and tummy tucks. now if i could only get my hubby to agree:o)

Syntagma:
Can you explain the chemical peel thing. I am looking at 48 staring me in the face here soon and see my skin not having that spark. What does a chemical peel do for you?- Thanks

A friend of mine had that done two years ago, for the exact reason: severe back pain. That sort of procedure isn't so much cosmetic, but a medical one. She said her back pain stopped almost instantly after the procedure. I believe she even had hers done at an outpatient surgery center. She didn't miss much work (less than week seems right). After she had it done she was beating herself up for waiting so long. Babies were not on her radar screen, but if your body does like most women, when we get pregnant, our breasts get HUGE. When the milk comes in around the third day after delivery? HOLY DOLLY PARTON!!! :wtf: Mine were huge and hurt worse than labor!!!

Have you discussed this "lovely" side effect of pregnancy in relation to your current severe back pain with your doctor? You should. He or she may recommend you have it done before you get pregnant. Don't worry about not breastfeeding your baby. Yes, breastmilk is best but some women can't do it, myself included. My daughter will be 20 in November and has been healthy as a horse from the day she was born. There is ABSOLUTELY nothing wrong with formula bottle feeding if you need to do it. I felt twinges of guilt initially, but after accepting that it was bottle feed or starve my baby, I got over it! I was also able to get my body back in shape faster because I didn't have to worry about what I ate getting into breastmilk.

Some things to consider...

Hi Prada!!

Thanks. I guess it's because I'm in my early 40s and it's "now or never" regarding a child. All my friends seem to be getting pregnant in 2005 and 2006 and I just don't know what I should do. My doc and my gynocologist both want me to get the procedure, the plastic surgeon I consulted told me to loose 20-30 lbs before the surgery, and then he would schedule it. I am a G cup-and it would be so nice to get to something like a B!

It's weird, when I diet, I loose weight everyplace else, but gain a boob size. Go figure.

Your post inspired me to call the gynocologist and set up a talk with her about this when I get my yearly next month. My gynocologist (who should be a galnocologist since she is an awesome woman), had the procedure done and she has 3 children.

Im getting my eyelids done in 2 weeks. I also get botox. I have recently decided to get pregnant and I think I may get my boobs done after giving birth. I want to see what the pregnancy does to my body..and go from there.

Hi Prada!!

I am a G cup-and it would be so nice to get to something like a B!

Your post inspired me to call the gynocologist and set up a talk with her about this when I get my yearly next month. My gynocologist (who should be a galnocologist since she is an awesome woman), had the procedure done and she has 3 children.

That's great, MG! I really hope it works out well for you with the "girls" (though I think yours qualify as "women" ). It's no wonder you have back pain! And best of luck with the road to MommyHood! I hope you have as easy a time with it as I did (never even had morning sickness!!) :yahoo:

Please keep me/us posted. PM if you like. I'd really like to hear how this goes for you.:yes:

does anybody know a good plastic surgeon in honolulu? throughout since i was in intermediate i was dying for a breast reduction (36dd's on a 5'2'' frame=no no). my weight has fluctuated about 6 times since then and now i'm a 23 yr old saggy 36b/c. bigger would be nice, but just to get them perky like a normal 23 yr old would be better. i do like the fact that i can wear button clothing now.

I wouldn't have anything done. I am strangely satisfied with my face and body -- I say strangely because I've always enjoyed my body and my face and had had zero issues even as a teenager. The only thing I would hypothetically like to get done is nearly impossible, and that is to grow another 6". :smile: I'm 5'4".

I wouldn't have anything done. I am strangely satisfied with my face and body -- I say strangely because I've always enjoyed my body and my face and had had zero issues even as a teenager. The only thing I would hypothetically like to get done is nearly impossible, and that is to grow another 6". :smile: I'm 5'4".
lol thats good you feel that way be happy with what you have unless in a health issue:wlae::wlae::wlae:

HOW INSPIRATIONAL!!!! :wlae: Thanks for the info.
Okay - Swanky - I have a girlfriend who saw a surgeon regarding a breastlift and he told her that she had to do implants as well. She was always very flat chested (as am i - but I am a solid A+ cup). How does a breast lift work without implants? I am not interested in implants... I have lived with larger than life boobs for the last six months breastfeeding my son and I do not want big ones, I just want them... at the height they started off at.

Also - hope I'm not getting too personal - but did you have stretch marks as well? Does the tummy tuck help with stretch marks?

I am TOTALLY candid about discussing this, you can ask me anything. If it's too personal I may take it to PM;)

If your friend doesn't have much breast tissue and they do a lift, depending on which lift they do, her breasts could be significantly smaller afterwards.
I always had larger than average breasts for my frame and I nursed all 3 of my children. So my breasts after nursing 3 kids in 4 yrs looked like 'rocks in socks'. I clearly needed a lift as bras are tough to fit into when there's a lot of breast tissue but it's saggy. Plus, I kind of just wanted to regain some of my old physical self back.
I needed a keyhole/anchor lift to lift me enough to make it worth it. My PS discussed the difference in size w/ me and I was uncomfortabel w/ the thought of losing so much breast tissue. It would be a very noticable difference, even in clothing compared to how I looked pre-surgery.
I opted to have implants w/ my lift and I'm now just like I was when I was 20! LOL!
I was scared I'd be too big and I laways had a negative stereo-type about implants. . . it's still really weird to me when I think about having them.
I chose silicone over the muscle and they look and feel completely real, it's astonishing.
Over the muscle was recommended to me because I work out a lot and have a tendency to sag. If you tend to sag and go under the muscle you're more likely to develop 'double bubble' and when you lift weight the implant is distorted and you can feel it and see it.

As far as the stretch marks go, all the stretch marks that were below my belly button or lower are gone! That's the primary place for them so most stretch marks are gone after a tuck. Now, since I carried twins full term and I'm painfully short waisted I had some over the belly button. That skin is now below my belly button and I barely notice it.

I know this is more info than you wanted but I wish more people were willing to talk candidly about it before I had my procedures done.

Syntagma:
Can you explain the chemical peel thing. I am looking at 48 staring me in the face here soon and see my skin not having that spark. What does a chemical peel do for you?- Thanks

Oh shoot! Sorry this took so long to respond too!!

It basically peels your skin away and reveals new skin underneath. It takes a while to heal but it's worth it! My dermatologist put me on Retin-A before she would give me the peels but the Retin-A was awesome too! When I have one I plan to be indoors for about a week! But then my skin is clear, my pores are small and tight and my little lines that are starting to come up around my eyes are gone (I am only 30 but I don't want to have a face lift in the future and my GF has had these for years and at 40 looks insanely good!)