plastic string tag on brand new chanel?

mimichauchau

Apr 18, 2006
Hi ladies. I was just wondering, I just ordered a bag from Saks from Chanel... it's been a while since I bought a new bag. Does all the brand new bags come with the tag with the plastic string thing? like this... this is not mine and I just found one I found a random picture to show you what im talking lol.. I'm saving my picture for the reveal HEHE
brand-new-chanel-beige-black-flap-tote.jpg

anywho... I love my new bag.. I've been wanting it since well.. FOREVER. No more wishing... dreaming... obsessing.. and losing sleep over it. lol finally mine! :yahoo: but... one thing that made my heart dropped.. and I'm VERY unhappy about is... my brand new bag is missing the authenticity card!!! Booklet and everything. I've ordered a bag from Saks before.. and everything was fine.. :shrugs:iono whats going on.. but its making me a little sad.. but my bag is GORGEOUSSS!! I wanted to hug it to sleep! Can't wait to do a reveal tomorrow... I wan't to take some nice pictures bc this one is VERY VERY SPECIAL.

I will call my SA at saks tomorrow.. but I just wanted to get some advice as of now before I talk to her.. I'm just a little sad over it.... The bag is brand new... I paid a ridiculous price for it... I just wanted everything to be perfect... if you know what I mean.. lol :blush:

I mostly bought my bag from saks too... But they didn't put the plactic tag all the time... I trust my sa, she always gave me the brand new one, i never want the display one..
Re. The authenticity card... It's a MUST... Probably you should ask your SA to find one for you otherwise return it...

Congrats on your new bag!

Bags can come with/out the tags. I'm a bit anal/OCD so I'd be concerned about the missing authenticity card. Contact your SA ASAP for the matching card or ask if you can return to get a bag with the complete set. This stuff is important should you decide to sell it in the future (it'll make it an easier sale).

I have 12 bags and none came with a plastic string tag. About the missing authenticity card, I'd definitely call the SA and ask for it or exchange with a bag with a card. Hope everything goes well... Keep us posted!!

Every bag I have purchased from NM or SAKs has come with that tag attached that way... In fact, if the tag wasn't attached like that I would feel like someone cut it off for a display piece or a return. I wouldn't be happy. Cutting the tag off is part of the joy I have buying the bag... :shame:

I would demand them to find the authenticity card or give u a diff bag. It's probably in their stock room in a different box...the SA needs to GO LOOK FOR IT. That's not acceptable.

Last edited:
thanks for all the comment ladies!!!

And Israeli_Flava - you are right, that does make sense. She told me it was a brand new one and not a display, so it had the tag. I just forgot if the last time I bought my bag at Saks if it came with it.. bc I can't remember... but I know the boutique doesn't have the tag because its tuck inside right? but I was just curious =)

ANYWHO... I feel SOOOO BADD!! :shame: bc I found the card ! lol I'm soo embarrased.. bc I called my SA and she was FREAKING OUT. She thought that maybe the security department went through it bc sometimes they do that during the holidays.. and it got missing. She totally assured me that everything was going to be okay. She went to hunt down a new one for me and was going to have me send that one back.. and then she was going to send me a new one... but before we did all that.. I took out the bag and was looking at it.. then I realized. there's TWO compartment slots.. I didn't notice it ! =/ The one that has a zipper... it was tuck all the way on the bottom of that slot. I overlooked it.. I thought it only has one slot. lol. OH MY.. I am soo embarrased, I called her back and apologized.

I was planning to send her back.. and was going to exchange it for a beige jumbo instead of the black.. ( I have 2 other black chanel bags lol) but now that I don't have to exchange it... I guess its meant to be =) ...... :cloud9:

I would never worry about the plastic string attaching the tag. What happens is that when the bags come in the tags are usually in the zippered pocket or somewhere inside the bag, unattached. Then when they are processed by the stock team they attach all the tags with the plastic strings. This is so that they don't get away from the bags and is usually part of the standard for department stores. As for the authenticity card. NEVER accept a bag that doesn't have the authenticity card with it. :smile: