Plastic on hardware

HaydenM

Feb 3, 2007
Do you usually remove the plastic off the hardware (toggle, straps) when you purchase your bag (Kelly/Birkin)? Or do you just leave it on til it's ready to fall off to protect the hardware from scratching? :confused1:

my SA saw I didn't remove mine and she made me take them off...if you don't the metal can't breath and will tarnish or ruin.

remember scratches can buff off...but that metal needs to breath!

I used to keep the plastic on...to protect the hardware. One of the restorers (right word?) from the spa was visiting the store...on a day I happened it. She say the plastic and told me to remove it. That it could damage the leather...from humidity tarnishing the metal. Now, they come off immediately!

I just received a bag from a reseller from 2000 and it had plastic on the h/w. Luckily once removed there was no damage! Was suprised it stayed on so long!!!

I just received a bag from a reseller from 2000 and it had plastic on the h/w. Luckily once removed there was no damage! Was suprised it stayed on so long!!!

Sus, the reseller could have sent the bag to H to have the hardware replaced. Or sent the back for a spa, and the craftsman put the plastic film back on after polishing the hardware.