Plans for New Years?

lovebug

O.G.
Nov 19, 2006
I was thinking about doing something for New Years with my fiance, but need some suggestions. I've heard about spending the night at a hotel, anyone done this, is it worth the money? Suggestions on where to go? Thanks!

A night at the hotel is always fun, especially if you guys are old enough to go to a bar then you at least don't have to worry about drinking and driving. I know in several cities, at least in mine (San Francisco) we have a huge firework show over the bay which is absolutely gorgeous (despite the crowds). You can always check into doing something like that. Or, a nice dinner out and maybe dancing would be fun too! :shame:

I can think of no better place to be than at home with my husband and pets. I am terrified of people who drink and drive so I'm just happiest with a carryout pizza and a movie from Blockbusters.

Last year I did something a little more low-key than what I did every year(partying & dancing at the bars, drinking...etc) I went to a spanish tapas restaurant in DC w/ a small group of my close friends. It was 10 of us and we got to drink wine all night and order unlimited tapas for $80 per person which was real good deal. And of course we were all dressed up. It was definitely more relaxing but fun at the same time.

My fiancee and I have a tradition on New Year's Eve--we go to the sand dunes in California!! *(either Buttercup or Glamis).

We go with a huge group of friends, and my fiancee has tons of quads/Rhinos/etc bc he works in the motorsports industry!!

It is soooo much fun!! My fiancee goes for a whole week, but I drive up (either by myself or with a few friends) to meet him on the day of New Year's Eve and stay the next day or two...I can't stand going more than 1 or 2 days without a shower!! LOL I am a wuss!!

Last year my SO and I did a cooking class (with about 45 people) so we had many glasses of wine and champagne and several courses. Kind of fun and different (just watch out for the sharp knives if you plan on drinking a lot !). :graucho: