Travel Plans changed again -Budapest and Vienna

Lv-nowwhat

drive LV
O.G.
Jul 9, 2008
Hello I thought I was going to Istanbul but our miles are taking us first class to Budapest and Vienna. We are going 4 days in buda then 3 in Vienna then 3 more buda want great hotel ideas in larger rooms near tourist stuff. My mother is older and will not do subways (if they have them) or steep stairs. Ideas on where to stay-would like to try 2 different hotels in Budapest would like 4 to 5 star hotels please. We are going during Easter time.

It's kind of hard to get around in Vienna if you can't take the subway, so you'll need to get taxis if you wanna go somewhere.

As for hotels I can recommend the Sacher hotel (it's right on Kaerntner street, where all the good shopping is, plus it's famous for its delicious sacher chocolate cake), the Ring Hotel (it's a brand new hotel), Hotel Imperial, the Grand Hotel and Palais Coburg (very expensive, but beautiful large suites). All these hotels are located in the 1st district, so you can walk to Kaerntner Street where the Stephansdom is and all the good shopping.

I was in both places last month and while in Budapest we stayed at the Cosmo Fashion Hotel. It was just fine for my bff & me. We had two twin beds, a bathroom and lots of closet space! We were there 9 nights and the staff was very helpful (most spoke very good English, but not all!). It was very centrally located and easy to get everywhere from there.

We had a great time in both places! Have fun!!

Stayed at the Four Seasons in Budapest; it was fabulous. Stayed at a boutique hotel in Vienna, cannot recall the name off hand, DH and I enjoyed but I think I would stay somewhere else (more historic) with my mother.