Planning visit to HongKong LV Boutique

Personally I don't see buying LV in HK is worth it...if you're planning on buying loads there, that is. When you take it all back to the US/Canada, you'll have to declare it on the customs form, and lying isn't an option since they actually check now! So you may end up having to pay tax/duties in the end when you return to the US/Canada anyways.

I'm confused....whats the thing about paying customs? isn't buying LV in HK...technically buying retail even though they don't have tax, hence you don't have to pay for customs when you go home?:s

I'm a little confused with your post.
Are you saying that you bought your wallet for 3650 HKD, which equals 540 CAD, which equals 570 USD? :confused1: Do you mean it was 540 USD and 570 CAD??

sorry what i meant was my wallet was 3650 hkd
which came up to about 540 cdn (while the canadian retail price is 500 but with tax in ontario comes up to 570 cdn)
and 3650 hkd equals to about 470 usd... and the retail price of the tresor in usd is 465 (not including whatever tax charged in the state you live in) :sweatdrop:

You should definitely go visit all these 2nd hand shop.
Milan Station is great. If you are paying cash, you should try to bargain with them and they will actually reduce the price for quite a lot. Since your aunt is there, she should be able to help you bargain :smile:
I'd love to go back there soon....I wish :P

I'm confused....whats the thing about paying customs? isn't buying LV in HK...technically buying retail even though they don't have tax, hence you don't have to pay for customs when you go home?:s

The thing is, I'm not sure...

Because whenever I traveled back home (HK) and buy stuff and bring it back to Canada, my parents always have to fill out this customs declaration form. If you're honest, you declare the value of all the stuff you've accumulated there...we've never really done that, since I used to buy a LOT of stuff...but anyways, I think once you hit a limit of some sort, you have to start paying tax, because technically, you are importing stuff back to US/Canada for personal use...unless you state that everything is used, and that none of the LV you bought was brand new...

It's just like me buying off eBay, I still get taxed for it although I'm buying used items :shrugs:

Don't remember how it is, if you don't have to pay tax, why do a lot of people not declare the real amount on the customs form on the plane, then?

The thing is, I'm not sure...

Because whenever I traveled back home (HK) and buy stuff and bring it back to Canada, my parents always have to fill out this customs declaration form. If you're honest, you declare the value of all the stuff you've accumulated there...we've never really done that, since I used to buy a LOT of stuff...but anyways, I think once you hit a limit of some sort, you have to start paying tax, because technically, you are importing stuff back to US/Canada for personal use...unless you state that everything is used, and that none of the LV you bought was brand new...

It's just like me buying off eBay, I still get taxed for it although I'm buying used items :shrugs:

Don't remember how it is, if you don't have to pay tax, why do a lot of people not declare the real amount on the customs form on the plane, then?

Ok...O I get it... kinda...I get the whole customs thing...this is a brain teaser for me!!:lol:

I'm still confused about the whole customs hk, thing?...help me!!I'm really confused and panicky right now!!!

:lol:
Just don't buy too much...because if you get searched, they'll get suspicious.
If you buy one or two, and use them a bit and bring them back here, it'll be ok
If you're lugging like 10 new purses...if I were a customs agent, I'd be suspicious!

ok...my brain hurts...but isnt buying from HK not duty free because you're buying it retail anyway...even though HK doesnt have tax...coz other wise every little other thing you buy eat etc...will be part of your duty free/customs allowance....where's a custom officer when you need them?!?